Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Wear Red Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No real need to explain much - red is cool color on it's own but is also, quite obviously, a favorite of most of this board, even many of those who dream of black jerseys. So grab something red and wear it proudly today. It's also the color chosen to represent women's health issues relative to hear attacks and strokes. So if you wear red you can also represent a push for women's health..

Today was the busiest of the National Days that I've come across. Here are some other options if you have nothing red that's clean enough to wear:

NATIONAL GET UP DAY - started by the figure skating association, it also represents getting up after having fallen, a mental toughness kind of thing. Pretty good idea.

NATIONAL FREEDOM DAY - celebrating the end of slavery and the 13th amendment.

NATIONAL TEXAS DAY - No way I'm going with this one...even if we beat them in basketball. I do like the song "the yellow rose of Texas", allegedly a young woman who kept Santa Ana occupied during the crucial battle of San Jacinto.

BUBBLE GUM DAY - not great for one's teeth but I loved those baseball cards back in the day.

NATIONAL BAKED ALASKA DAY - have never eaten it but it sounds good
NATIONAL SERPENT DAY - boo hiss. I did learn that only about 1 in 8 species of snakes is venomous. Of course, it only takes one.

NATIONAL SELF-CHECK MONTH - something we should all might do...there are sites that can walk folks through a self-check and early detection is ALWAYS a good thing - although fear of what one might find is one of the main reasons folks don't do self-checks.

NATIONAL ENROLLED AGENTS MONTH - Ive never use one but it sounds like they can be a big help when it comes to taxes and such if people have problems in that area.

NATIONAL FASTING FEBRUARY - I'm not big on fasting during any month, but it doesn't really refer to changing what we eat, but more of when we eat it. Suggestions are to try an put 10-12 hours between eating at some point in the day so that there is a longer period of time when the body has to burn sugars. I guess an earlier dinner and a little later breakfast might do it.

Sorry for the lenght today...just found some of these kind of interesting .

Comments

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Participating in NATIONAL SELF-CHECK MONTH can make one an unwilling (but pleased?) participant in NATIONAL GET UP DAY, iffing you know what I mean.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is some weirdness. Some of these are quite amusing.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More from this list

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    More from this list

No cartoons for 3/14.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@christopherules said:
    More from this list

No cartoons for 3/14.

But why?

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Well it took 2 post but I may have gotten there. Lol. My 1st thought was what's wrong with pi

Got there by process of elimination