Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shot My Age

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For you golfers out there, I shot my age Saturday. An even par 72. 38/34, 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 12 pars. If I had half a brain, I’d quit now. Naw, have a 10am tee time today. Probably shoot 80+.

Comments

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well done. I 'm 65 and thanks to a young lady pro, I finally got it. Get onto your front side. Golf is so much more fun now.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats, wish I could still play golf.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s awesome! I’ve been playing about 6 months and just getting to where I can break 100.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me too! I’m 120, by the way...

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:
    For you golfers out there, I shot my age Saturday. An even par 72. 38/34, 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 12 pars. If I had half a brain, I’d quit now. Naw, have a 10am tee time today. Probably shoot 80+.

Good on you. Keep that going as long as you can.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    That’s awesome! I’ve been playing about 6 months and just getting to where I can break 100.

Don’t cheat. Play it like your in a tournament. That’s awesome to break 100. Serious. Not many people can play it down a shoot 100.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations sir!!!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Me too! I’m 120, by the way...

Lol...I just turned 60 a few weeks ago. Was thinking that I would probably shoot my age on the front nine....

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm half your age and would love to shoot twice my age.

I'm a low 90s golfer. Best rounds have been mid 80s.

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DirtDawg said:
    Nice work, @AndersonDawg . I shoot my age every time I golf. Then I finish playing the rest of the holes...

So true... still laughing 😂 😂

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats. I think I remember you posting you shot your age at 71 also.

• Options

@Dawg1419 said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

Don’t cheat. Play it like your in a tournament. That’s awesome to break 100. Serious. Not many people can play it down a shoot 100.

When at UGA many moons ago was taking a golf class and the instructor said that 90% of people that play cant break 100. I couldn't believe it. Been playing since I was 12, now 51

• Options
    ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My late Father-In-Law would have probably shot his age several times if he had not insisted on hitting from the regular tees until he turned 80. He then had four toes amputated and continued to play until age 88, just four months before he died of a brain tumor.

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

When at UGA many moons ago was taking a golf class and the instructor said that 90% of people that play cant break 100. I couldn't believe it. Been playing since I was 12, now 51

I’ve taken a few lessons and when the weather is good I try to play twice a week.

• Options

@bigdawg2223 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

I’ve taken a few lessons and when the weather is good I try to play twice a week.

I spend almost every day on the golf course. Work and play. Sometimes think I let my career get in the way of my hobby

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

Good for you. I’ve shot 76 maybe half a dozen times. But that was back when I was playing at least once per week. Haven’t played near as much the last few years and my score shows it. I’m happy to shoot mid 80’s now.

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

I spend almost every day on the golf course. Work and play. Sometimes think I let my career get in the way of my hobby

I’m glad this is a forum and you can’t see my jealousy. Haha

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reminds me of the time me and 3 friends played a course outside of Athens near Bogart. I forget the course, but we had a wonderful time playing, drinking beer, and doing a few shots. I scored a 72 that day. The attendant was nice enough to offer us a raincheck if we agreed to return another day to play the back nine. Suggested we might be too drunk to finish the entire course in one day.