Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shot My Age

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    Reminds me of the time me and 3 friends played a course outside of Athens near Bogart. I forget the course, but we had a wonderful time playing, drinking beer, and doing a few shots. I scored a 72 that day. The attendant was nice enough to offer us a raincheck if we agreed to return another day to play the back nine. Suggested we might be too drunk to finish the entire course in one day.

Sounds like you had a good time though. That’s the main thing. I play with a retiree group every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (weather permitting). If everyone shows we might have 20-22 old geezers. Ages range from mid 60’s to mid 80’s, keeping pace with our IQ’s. We put in $5 and play the game of the day. The good thing is this physical activity and interaction with other old farts, probably will keep us out of “THE HOME” for a few more years.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:
    Reminds me of the time me and 3 friends played a course outside of Athens near Bogart. I forget the course, but we had a wonderful time playing, drinking beer, and doing a few shots. I scored a 72 that day. The attendant was nice enough to offer us a raincheck if we agreed to return another day to play the back nine. Suggested we might be too drunk to finish the entire course in one day.

Sounds like you had a good time though. That’s the main thing. I play with a retiree group every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (weather permitting). If everyone shows we might have 20-22 old geezers. Ages range from mid 60’s to mid 80’s, keeping pace with our IQ’s. We put in $5 and play the game of the day. The good thing is this physical activity and interaction with other old farts, probably will keep us out of “THE HOME” for a few more years.

Keep it up. My MIL's husband is 87 and shoots under his age every day of the week, and has been doing so for years. Sharp as a tack mentally. I credit his drive to stay active.

• Options
    mmoondawgmmoondawg Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Played golf from age 25 to 38 and was a 2.3 handicap at age 38. Probably shot 70 at least 15 to 20 times but for whatever reason couldn’t break 70 to save my life. Then came this day, one week, yes I’ll say it again, one week before I gave up golf for bass fishing I finally shot that 69. Still been heavily bass fishing until this day 13 years later and may play a round or two a year. And to the OP, not sure what your handicap is but a 72 at age 72 is awesome! Keep it up!