Atlanta Braves and Julio

Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can anyone on here please tell me why we haven't traded Julio Teheran yet? The only thing I can think is that nobody wants him, but I'm sure somebody would take him. Either way he cannot take away the chance of one our elite pitching prospects getting a chance to pitch this year. They're is to much talented just waiting to hurst onto the scene to just watch Julio Teheran be average again this year

Comments

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If someone earns the spot Julio won't block them. I doubt anyone is offering a ton for him and his contract at this point, but the kids do need a veteran until they can show they are truly ready.

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 283 ✭✭✭ Junior

Julio should have been gone a long time ago. I hope we don't hold on to him as long as we did I think it was Mike Hampton that stayed on IR for 3 years or so. We need a couple of good veteran starts but not like colon or dickey who's best years were before they were braves

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT could surprise next year. I think he's learning to adapt to the loss of his heater and is becoming more of a pitcher nowadays. At least that is what I am hoping. Maybe just wishful thinking.