Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

OK Dawgnation - what is your #1 moment as an athlete.

Comments

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My best day ever in a game? My 8th grade football year - I was (assigned to line up) as the strong side outside LB, and for some unknown reason I just couldn’t be blocked on that day, I was always in the right place all game long, and absolutely nothing went wrong (for me). I finished the game with two QB sacks, 14 tackles (3 for a loss) with a blocked punt, and a fumble recovery on that very play. Best game of my life by far. We won 27-0.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Went to bat with a men's softball team back when I was in my twenties. The town stud/show-off who was a football coach at a local highschool and thought he was God's gift to women was in left field. He loved to talk smack all game long. I was kinda smallish (though I was in pretty good shape) but I guess he thought I was a wimp. So when I came to bat he moved in shallow and called in all of the other outfields to come in shallow. I connected and as I rounded first I seen him running towards the fence. It went straight over his head. I got an inside-the-park homer. Needless to say, he was humiliated and kept his mouth shut the rest of that game. That was my moment of glory!

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 Count me as a fan. 😂😂😂

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Playing baseball in the parent/kid friendly game, I was pitching and one kids dad cranked a line drive right at my crotch, took several seconds for everyone realize that Id caught the ball and wasn't a newly minted transgender.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should be others, but I recall as an 8th or 9th grader in practice, pulling on a "student body" right play, leaving my feet (when one could do that), going horizontal, and laying out 2 defenders, to oohs and aahs from the key coach.

I would also cite 2 Par 3  holes in one on public courses with buddies, but then you said "athlete". 😜 (I am not a golfer.)