Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

OK Dawgnation - what is your #1 moment as an athlete.

13»

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is awesome. I can so picture that, and how cool it would be. O'Neill was a great baseball player.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Sub 8 minute mile in jeans when I was a junior in high school.

About 4 years ago on Thanksgiving I was playing football in the south bronx with some neighborhood kids and my friend Ben who lived there. First play of the game I ran the kick off back for a touchdown. Later in the game our QB throws deep but it's off. One kid is waiting to catch it. I yell at him, he gets nervous, and the ball bounces off his chest in to my arms and I take it in for a touchdown. Everyone is rolling around on the ground laughing. Oh these kids were in middle school so the accomplishments weren't THAT impressive.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like that mile time in jeans.

• Options

Hah! my youth group did a missions trip in Marianna once upon a time. I loved that place

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a funny story that I didn’t do anything all that special in. Played rec basketball in middle school and my team beat another team that had Wayne Gretzky’s son on it. I was dumb and didn’t know who he was at the time (I’m still dumb, just not as dumb) and I went up to him and asked him for and autograph. I wasted no time, I did it as his kid was walking off the court, so I probably should have waited. Only thing I had was a napkin from my grandmas purse but he said good game and signed it.

He was being nice, I played like crap that day.

• Options

I was pretty proud of it myself. Fastest I ever ran the mile. I was always a chubby 9 minute miler through middle school and 8 minutes freshman and sophomore year. I don't know why I didn't bring shorts. I distinctly remember wearing my old sneakers (which had been retired to lawn mowing duty) since my normal school day shoes were not suitable for running

• Options
    finesse92finesse92 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ Junior

One time I was visiting a club out in LA with a friend of mine and met Prince. He challenged me to a game of basketball and I got my arse handed to me. It was straight up embarrassing. You can't guard a cat like Prince

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Finishing 18th out of 90 riders in my first mtn bike race. Dang I miss being in that type of shape.

• Options
    bvilledawgbvilledawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

She was a 19 year old gymnast and I was only 17. I could've died that night, but dug down deep from within!

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You likely familiar with the late, great Charlie Murphy's story about playing ball with Prince. Love Charlie Murphy.