Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

spaghettiapalazzo/decorating

2»

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks good @JRT812! I grew up on meat sauce, and now I make meatballs instead, which I greatly prefer, but I'm not a nazi about it. Speaking of, @Bankwalker, I know your posts are meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but when you use the term "noodles" you lose all credibility.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

This is exactly the method I describe, but you sent me to the google machine with the word “deriguer”. Do you mean De Rigueur? The Googlemeister says it is french for “required by proper etiquette”, which absolutely fits this situation. Cooking sauce any other way is poor form, honestly. My father taught me to make it the above way, and he probably learned by “polling” every Italian woman he could find.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll stick up for MY method, given way above ^^. It (cooking the meat separately, adding it separately to the plated pasta) is simply a practical way to control the amount of meat. It also leaves the meat in a form that leftovers can be used in another dish.

IMO, putting the meat in the sauce doesn't add enough (it does add some fat - add olive oil instead), that offsets the negatives.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dated and Italian girl back in the late 70's. Her mother said there was red sauce and white sauce, what you do with them makes it your own.

Hey, the great thing about America is that you can cook it your way. Just know my way can be sold commercially in restaurants for profit. Your way can be used to raise money at a charity fundraiser and nobody will complain 😜

For the record, my MIL makes spaghetti the wrong way, too. Her family thinks it is delicious. I grin and bear it. None of them can cook, but what they don’t know doesn’t hurt anyone. My sister in law once tried to make green bean casserole with fresh green beans. It was crunchy. She makes meatballs instead of bolognese because her sauce is even worse than her mom’s. My brother in law has been banned from the grill because he thinks beef tenderloin should be medium well to well done.