Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Robert Kraft

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jupiter FL is a city for a lot of billionaires. Names you may know include Tiger, Venus/Serena, MJ, Celine Dion, Stallone, founder of QVC, Tony Robbins. The story is what it is. Those responsible for the trafficking will pay the price with jail time. Kraft is being charged with two misdemeanor counts, relax man.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

@YaleDawg

"You seem to think drunk drivers can kill people and go home the next day as long as they pay a fine. "

Really? Is that what I think? You are displaying "Levander Logic" now. No, what I think is that people are able to drive drunk and get off relatively easy as long as they don't injure or kill someone. Most people go to jail if they kill or seriously injure someone on a first offense, or any other. They can get away with THREE, if they are fortunate enough to hurt anyone, by mostly performing community service and doling out cash for attorneys and fines. You seem to think it is okay to drive drunk and continue to be allowed to drive places as long as nobody gets hurt. That is what you said, and as far as "all over town" goes - how far away from home do you think most people are when they get a DUI?

The problem is not prostitution. It's the forced prostitution that I would have a problem with, and if you think all prostitution is forced then you are living in a naive little hole. It's legal to be a mechanic in this country, but if someone started kidnapping little Guatemalan dudes and forcing them to work on Toyotas and other foreign cars where small hands are an asset then I would say "mechanic trafficking" is wrong, too. 🤪

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mechanic trafficking DOES seem wrong to me, put me firmly in the against enslaving auto repairmen camp.

Maybe treating sex work as both an industry with common sense restrictions like the alcoholic beverages industry combined with a public health component would make the most sense. Every sex worker should have to carry a certificate of clean health, no prostitution in residential neighborhoods, near schools or places of worship, etc, etc.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Norway still has a law that says DUI first offense loses you your license for 6 mos? A 2nd offense and I think you take the bus for either ever or a really long time.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" .....a funny story kind of like when Hugh Grant got caught with a hooker" That wasn't a funny story to me. Grant could get all the tail he wanted. He had to do that? Never watched a film he was in after that. No regerts. 😎

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t say anything like that. I was referring to the sex trafficking thing. If he had any part in that....then yes, lock him away in the general population. Those guys know what to do with sex offenders.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The amount of time they suspend the license is nothing compared to the consequences suffered by the victims"

Until I pointed it out, you erroneously believed that DUIs that result in a victim did not carry a prison sentence and merely a short license suspension and a fine. I haven't taken any position. I'm just pointing out all of the untrue things you have said. I actually think the DUI laws are too lenient. 1st offense should be suspended license no privileges for a year and the 2nd offense is permanent suspension of the license.

Donm - In Saudi Arabia they take drunk drivers out of their vehicles and shoot them...they have very few problems in that area.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did I? Link it up, Stuttering Eddie. Grasping at straws to get me but keep trying, Ruprickt. You are lower IQ than Maxine Waters with your inaccurate assumptions and pisspoor reading skills, but this is well known by all who frequent the board. You havent pointed crap out. You are even dumber than I thought if you think there’s anyone who doesnt know you can go to jail. In theory, just about every misdemeanor can carry a jail sentence, but very seldom do any misdemeanors result in jail time - and you know this but for some reason find it to be valuable info here. I have friends and know plenty of people who have gotten DUI’s, and knew one guy who had 3. No jail for anyone wxcept a girl who did 2 weeks for reasons I forget. Living in Atlanta, I am pretty familiar with what happens to the avg joe and evening newscaster when they get a DUI.

WC,

I can see where that might have a profound effect upon drunk driving. of course, they don't want drunk anything at all over there. I wonder what they do before Dawg games come on TV?

I’ve been to the Middle East. Pretty much everything is punishable by death. If that sort of thing appeals to you, feel free move there.

pgjackson. lighten up. I made a point by using an extreme.

The point if you missed it is, it takes strong punitive measures to alter the behavior of some people.

I know the AJC published a couple of stories (while I lived in Carrollton) about folks who had 30-40 DUI's and were still driving. Absence of punitive measures seems pretty clearly to not work.

• RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

He’s 77 years old and dates a 39 year old model. I wonder if she was at home waiting for him and he chose a massage parlor? Go figure.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like there’s some very high rollers caught up in this mess. Going to get ****