Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

To the Mod….

124»

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How that **** started was you were in a thread telling scooter you were trolling him saying he had it coming. And you were telling me to stay out of it if I knew what was good for me. Because you had already left me off the hook once, lol. And now you realize you can’t handle it and are running around the forum in entirely unrelated threads with your extraordinarily clever “Levander is so bad at checkers he would lose a game to an old person in a wheel chair!” comments to try to feel some kind of better about yourself and save some kind of face.

Typical Captain Chickenshit approach. Come off all hot and heavy like he’s some kind of bad ass people should be afraid of. And when he’s called on it he’s all like , “.wait, what? You’re not bothering me about that death match again are you?”

• Options

For all I know you would make a fine mod. The reason in my head I listed people as mods was because I wanted to finish a heavy post with a joke about me getting banned. Those are just three people I’m aware of their posting patters who I think are good candidates. There are plenty of people on the board who’s posting habits I’m not aware of. Like a lot of people who post a lot about recruiting, that’s not something I follow. Looking back at that post, I wish I would have made the ban joke without listing people somehow.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Raised children and grandchildren can't learn another new language. What's a mod?

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2019

Here’s the thing, ANYONE who WANTS the job of Mod, is not qualified to have it for that very reason.

I believe the ones we have are about as good as we could hope for. And it may surprise you to know that I believe that Jeff is an example of a good one. Yeah, he made a mistake in the way he handled this current brouhaha in that a member should be promptly informed when an action is taken against him – and why. But anyone can make a mistake and I believe he knows that he did. I’d rather have the group we have, than any NEW one’s with their new outlook and subjective perspective.

That is why, that despite the deafening clamor for me to become a Mod, I hereby refuse.

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Short for moderator which is basically a forum police officer. All forums have atleast one, we have not.

• Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that we do. A rose by any other name.....

I think that all Administrators are Mods while all Mods aren't administrators.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh we do now or atleast fixing to but it's still all kinda new here.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

I admin one board and super mod another ain't much to it if you got a good group

• Options

@Mickey_Hand

Well, you probably have a point in notifying if something is taken down. But I don’t know how well that plays out in practice.

But Jeff gave the most thorough explanation for taking it down I’ve ever seen. The only time I can remember right now seeing lengthy mod explanations in the past were basically reverse engineered nonsense for doing whatever they wanted to do to begin with. Jeff’s got this whole bullet list of ideas he went through, and you’re going down the list and you’re looking at each one and you’re like, “okay, that’s reasonable... okay, that,s reasonable... okay, that’s reasonable...”

You’re just salty because you had a clever little post. And whether it was over the line or not, it was clever. But it was taken down and now you’re salty about it. You’ll look at this thread six months from now when you’re not emotionally invested and you’re realize it was a responsible decision to take the thread down.

I mean, I don’t blame you for not liking it was taken down, It sucks having your stuff taken down, But I’d hold back on the criticism. Cause if they go to this extent to try to be fair, and we’re still all dicks about it, There’s just no reason to try to be fair with us in the future.

• Options

I was under the mistaken impression that this discussion had moved away from the OP into a discussion of Mod-ship in general, but YOU, of all people, seem unwilling to let it lie.

“Well, you probably have a point in notifying if something is taken down.” Well Gee Whizz Vern, thanks a lot. – THERE”S a perfect example of “Damning With Faint Praise”, but you couldn’t even leave it at THAT, you had to stick a caveat onto it – i.e. “But…..”.

“But it was taken down and now you’re salty about it.” – By God, I won’t abide THAT, even from you, -- it’s a mis-characterization worthy of WC Dawg. To Hell with the post, I wish the post was in Tophet, I don’t CARE about the post, the post and it’s deletion were NEVER THE POINT. That, along with the fact that I made it clear (to anyone not wearing a drool-cup), that I bore Jeff no ill will.

• Options

@Mickey_Hand What is Tophet?

PS. You still sound salty and defensive. But sa la vie. I think that’s how you spell it.

• Options

It's just an ancient word for Hell.

PS, No, neither. If anything, I';m just a little apprehensive about how issues like this will be handled in the future.

Now totter back to your room, I believe it's time for them to bring your meds. 😉