Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Suicide Squad

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watching it again and just wanted to give thumbs up to Harley Quinn. Just awesome looking in a bad girl way.

Comments

• Options
    finesse92finesse92 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ Junior

You actually enjoyed that movie? It was so cringey bad. I remember I took this this girl out for a date and we walked out halfway through pretty disappointed

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My problem with her is....what's her super-powers? She walks around and beats up people with a ball bat. What's so 'super' about that?

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I want to go for T&A, I'd rather fully commit than watch a movie that bad. The constant shot of her butt (as nice as it was) when they were walking from fight to fight was embarrassing. I always figured movies that featured T&A like that were for boys too young to have seen the real thing or see a more committed movie.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So it wasn’t good? Don’t really like super power movies, but was curious about this one

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That movie has the most ridiculously bad dialog I've ever heard. I'm sure it was intentional, but dang.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The movie not so much, Margot Robbie mmm hmm !

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand different strokes for different folks, but the Marvel movies as a whole have been TERRIFIC to me!

All 3 of the Avengers movies, Civil War, I could go on and on. I was a little worried about Dr. Strange, but he quickly became one of favorite super heroes.

And then there’s ScarJo… Mmmmm, mmmm 

• Options

I'm not a fan of making an endless line a comic book movies, a few have been interesting, but it's about all people are willing to put big money into now. I get it, even the ''misses'' make more than hits of other genres of films. The animated movies make a lot of money too, but not as much as the comics and they are less reliable.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I'm retiring from comic book movies after this last Avengers one...they're just getting too poor in my opinion.

Upside...I convinced the gf to dress as Black Cat for halloween and I'll dress like Spiderman. Gonna need to drop some LBs though. Wonder if Scott Sinclair would let me work out with the guys or send me the regimen 🤔

• Options

I think the producers and writers were shooting for a Deadpool like wry humor with the remarkable bad dialog, bad costumes, etc. Deadpool is FUNNY and CLEVER though, SS is neither.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm about sick of all these dumb super-hero movies. Hollywood is truly out of ideas. I think it says a lot about society when nonsense comic book movies are constantly #1 in the box office. I always wonder who the heck is going to these things? I think the last one I saw was the Val Killmer Batman movie.

• Options

We are becoming a nation full of overgrown children. I work with a man pushing 50 who all he talks about is Star Wars, Marvel movies, and his collection of funko pops (which is a toy)

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read somewhere that it was somewhere around 98% of new movies are either remakes, sequels/prequels, or based of a books/comics. Basically no one is coming up with their own ideas and writing/producing original movies.

• Options

The reason these super hero children's movies keep getting made and with almost limitless budgets is simple, they are almost guaranteed to make 100s of millions in profits.

Don't blame the business people for supplying what sells. They will keep churning them out as long as the money keeps pouring back in.

• Options

Also, with DVD sales virtually nil these days, studios more rely on overseas ticket sales and these movies don't have much to lose in translation so they are almost always big hits

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I don't really blame the industry...but like someone said earlier we have become a society of overgrown kids. Grown adults are packing the theaters to watch super-hero comic book movies and rave about them like they are some kind of cinematic masterpiece. I don't get it. It's all fantasy, CGI and violence. Shows the maturity level of the average movie goer.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never been a fan of the genre, but compared to reality TV this stuff is fantastic