Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fat Tuesday

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is Fat Tuesday, the last day before the start of Lent. There is along list of things I could/should give up for Lent but most likely won't. What's on your list? What will you not give up that you should/could?

It's also National Multiple Personality Day. Although in "real life" true cases of multiple personalities are considered extremely rare, I think there may be several cases on this forum alone. I hesitate to say more but I'm just sayin'.

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Giving up Alcohol here, going to be a tough go but probably a good cleanse.

• Options
    OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm Baptist so not giving up anything but happy lent to my Catholic friends and good luck if you are giving up something you really like

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National Multiple Personality Day: ".... extremely rare...? What is extreme to you, bub?

Hey, ease up a bit, Mr. Tony. He was merely giving the latest scientific conclusions..

Well, there are ways to say it and ways not to say, is all.

Keep out of this, Purdy! Always the buttinski.

I could do with a brewski, speaking of 'skis.

Don't fall for the alcohol cloud solution, Mr. Tony.

Stuff it, Purdy. Who's with me?

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Giving up my disdain for UTjr, keeping my hatred though

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

All Day party down here. Kids are even out of school

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Being raised in the South around a Southern Baptist, I never knew what Lent was until I married my second wife who was familiar with it. So back in 2007 I did Lent with her and gave up drinking Diet Coke (which I usually consumed 6+ cans a day) and other soda drinks. Haven't had a soda since. I do miss a cold Coke now and then, but the sweetness is what gets me now if I have a sip of one. Guess that's why I don't do mixers in certain cocktails. Neat, rocks, water or OJ with my Tito's.....

Don't have any plans for the 40 day vacation as of yet.....

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

I gave up "in moderation" 51 years ago when old enough to drink and haven't broken it! I don't however drink and drive.