Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Ash Wednesday

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Odd confluence of National Days today. First off, it is Ash Wednesday, the start of the Lenten period for many. This is the time when many folks abstain from one or more pleasurable activities.

Almost as if it were a conspiracy, it is also:

National Oreo Cookie Day – who doesn't love an oreo? Twisting it apart and licking the creme off the wafer and then dunking the wafers in milk?

It is also National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day. A delectable sweet no doubt.

And, as if, tempting those who give up sweets for Lent, isn't enough, it is also National Dentist Day to honor those who warn us against sweets as a threat to our dental health. What a world, eh? We don't have enough conspiracies to worry about?

Comments

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day My mother said that she became familiar with cheesecake during WW2. So many things were rationed, but cheesecake wasn't, so she bought one. Cannot say we had it often, but for a long time it was my go-to dessert on a dress-up dinner outing.

As to white chocolate, I always have the thought that I am giving up something good by settling for white chocolate, only part of the cacao experience.

• jacksonvillejacksonville Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

Also national frozen food day, god bless Jimmy Dean, got me out of a jam or two in my time come 0400 and need to get on to work.