Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

INTERNATIONAL Women's Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This global day celebrates the cultural, political, social and economic achievements of women. The day also brings international awareness to gender parity. According to the World Economic Forum, global gender equality is estimated to be achieved by 2133. A great day to celebrate the successes of UGA's many female athletes.

National Peanut Cluster Day

What a great way to get healthy. Dark chocolate and peanuts. Never met a dark chocolate peanut cluster I didn't like.

National Proofreading Day.

Not sure this is a major concern on this forum. Mistake free writing? Meh. I guess we could try it for one day.

National Tartar Sauce Day

Suggestions range from trying tartar sauce on pizzas to tacos. Be creative.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys celebrate our better halves, grab the nearest lady and plant a big wet one.

Just kidding, ask first and be polite about it.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Be Very Grateful. If it wasn't for women, all of us wouldn't be here.

And nothing like a generous dollop of tarter sauce on a fried catfish sandwich...

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry, but I think these days or even months devoted to particular identity group is a crock of horse dung.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big fan of women. I will continue to love, respect, and support all of the women in my life. As for "International Women's Day," I'm kinda with Casanova.

I also agree with @ghostofuga1 when it comes to good use for tartar sauce.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

By Golly, you can say with you want about women. You can denigrate peanut cluster chocolatiers. And, you can put down tartar sauce makers. BUT, NO ONE has the right to put down poofreedeers! No way. No how. Take it back!

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love women! I'm married and have a daughter. What I'm objecting to is this ridiculous notion of dedicating days to certain groups, because you invariably leave out other groups. I mean if you're going to have Black History Month, how about "Irish American History Month" or "German American History Month". See my point? I hate Identity Politics.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

This isn’t the sign at the local gas station but they have one similar pointing to the restrooms

Joking aside, I would be a mess if it wasn’t for my wife and 3 year old daughter/version of my wife keeping me straight. Blessed to have them. I try to pay the blessings back each day

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love a good international woman. Assuming she has good hygiene.