Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Peter333

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Dude please. my (former) avatar is on the body of Arn Anderson. The Enforcer. AA. We are the Four Horsemen. I just gave peter333 the equivalent of an online spinebuster

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Kasey, since you brought up the Four Horsemen, I will re-post a comment I made on another thread some time ago, in case anyone may find it interesting. My comment (below) was in response to someone suggesting that Swift, Zeus, Cook, and Herrien are the new "four horsemen."

-------

The Four Horsemen- I love it! Our guys don't have the benefit of Grantland Rice canonizing them, but statistically it's not an impossible bar.

In 1924, ND's backfield of Harry Stuhldreher, Don Miller, Jim Crowley, and Elmer Layden combined for 772 yards passing, 2000 yards rushing, 620 yards receiving, and 27 TD's. Knute Rockne's squad capped off a 10-0 season with a Rose Bowl victory over Stanford.

Our Bulldogs went 7-3 that season, led by fullback John Fletcher from Tifton, and tackle Jim Taylor from Hazelhurst.

Given the schedule this fall, it would be pretty cool to tout our own four horsemen against the Irish, especially if we find ourselves en route to a national title.

-------

EDIT: It just occurred to me that most people on here are unaware that the above-referenced 1924 football players were the original Four Horsemen (post-apocalypse). That's why my comment garnered zero responses the first time around and seems destined to do the same this time. In fairness, I was unaware of the Four Horsemen of the WWE until I googled it five minutes ago. So it all evens out. Interesting what things different people know and don't know.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know what I missed but I feel like I'm a part of this really cool super secret club.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No bud! Props to you for for getting the mods attention! Your post gave us somewhere to talk about it without having to respond on the spam post too. Bravo!