Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can someone explain why we are the away team tonight?

We won the toss and deferred?

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just **** rules per NCAA policy, one of them is that every team gets to be the home team at least once.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They do that n the regionals and supers. I guess so nobody LOOKS to have an advantage. I'd think if u did well enough to host throughout til Omaha, u SHOULD BE the home team at ur place lol. Idk. Jmo

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol I'm TELLING y'all Dallas Baptist ALWAYS has a squad lol. Every single year.

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I did a separate thread for the game last night, but since this one has a good bit of traction I'll just post in here if y'all don't mind.

I'm at the game tonight -- good crowd, beautiful weather. Should be a lot of fun.

• Options

Florida State starting CJ Van Eyk tonight. The number on him that stands out is his 106 strikeouts. However, not a great WHIP and his ERA is nearly twice that of UGA's starter, Emerson Hancock.

• Options

Good start for the Dawgs! Third lead-off HR of the season for Tucker Maxwell.

• Options

That really got the crowd into it.

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off to a good start

• Options

FSU coach (manager?) Mike Martin made a brief mound visit after Aaron Schunk's single.

• Options

No in-stadium radar gun for NCAA games, but Eyk clearly throws hard. UGA no trouble timing him up right now. John Cable singles. Now two men on for Cameron Sheperd -- the hero of the first game of the SEC tournament.

• Options

Three first-inning hits for UGA, but they'll settle for only one run.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably going to be a different game despite the boom to start. Scratch out 4 runs at least and then hopefully Hancock is on for 7.

• Options

Other than a single off the glove of Talley at second, Hancock looked pretty dominant that inning. There are a lot of MLB scouts here to see him. I'll try to share a picture of them next inning.

• Options

@GeorgiaGirl I agree. The only knock on UGA has been whether they can score enough runs to get to CWS. It'll be interesting to see if they can put up enough offense tonight to make this one easy. If so, they set themselves up well. FSU does not have a deep pitching rotation.

• Options

UGA dodges a bullet. Carter Smith flied to deep center, but Maxwell was able to haul it win... with his back literally touching the wall.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is the wind blowing out today like it was yesterday?

• Options

Quite a night for Tucker Maxwell already. He's got a home run, two incredible catches and he just doubled to start the third.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maxwell was stellar last night, too.