Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tate Martell granted hardship

2»

Comments

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Martell was interviewed before the Rose Bowl, didn't he say that Day had promised him the starting job? I wasn't totally paying attention but I thought I heard a reporter asking him if he had talked to Day and Day had promised he would be the starting qb. If that is true then I could see how he got the waiver.

Also has anybody ever looked up info on JF1's quaterback guru? I tried and couldn't find anything in his past jobs that could possible make him a guru in anything much less a quarterback guru.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

College football free agency is upon us. Some may think it "fair" for the players, but we'll soon see how bad it is for the sport. It is quite possible that what we think is, "fair" ends up hurting not only the sport, but many players. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. It will be a hard lesson as careers and potential is wasted.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it seems like all it takes to be granted eligibility is a player’s desire to show “an absence of trust”. Hard to argue how someone “feels” in any environment, similiar to an HR review in corporate. When someone drops “I feel”...argument over. I’m sure they’ll be some rule changes within next 24 months, but this current process is a new form of free agency.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope that someone, somewhere in a position of authority in college football reels this back in somewhat, or to some degree. This current "Free agency" in college football (in the long term) is not going to be a good thing IMO.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The grass may be just as green or greener but it's still got to be mowed. That's what a lot of these kids don't want to do.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, Eason could play this upcoming season, and earn an undergraduate degree. Then, If Fromm decides to become the a first round NFL pick and thus leaves after his junior year....

...Eason could come back to UGA as a graduate transfer and play on the big, big, big stage for the Dawgs a year to make himself into a first round NFL pick.

I said "If Fromm decides to become the a first round NFL pick" because it seems apparent to me that Jake Fromm can do anything he set his mind to do.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NCAA is totally milquetoast on transfers and doesn’t want to offend anyone over their supposed “hardship”....but break some silly, nit-noid recruiting rule and they will throw the book at you.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

They have sent the message that you need to lie, cover up, and stand up to them... otherwise you'll be made an example of. I hope UGA got this message in case it's ever needed.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

@clemtiger

Eason was a 5 star recruit who chose to play in the SEC and Richt over staying home. It had nothing to do with Browning being there.

Your assumption on how fans thought of Fields (never liked him) is based on your own biased an misinformed opinion and not fact. The fan base was behind Fields the day he committted.

Both situations (Eason and Fields) we’re handled different by the player, thus different fan base reactions.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

@CZCashvilleDawg @Kasey I thought about saying all that, but settled for a DV instead. And I almost never DV.

A fan of another team comes on here and starts lecturing us in his very first post? Gimme a break. He could learn a few things from @ClemTown.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,043 mod

@clemtiger

Short leash....on this end. Don't wear out you're welcome on your first post......