Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Hawks have beaten Utah and Philly back to back, in a word...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Hawks play Milwaukee twice in the remaining schedule, including Sunday afternoon. Giannis went down with his recurring ankle issue last night. Chalk another win up for the Hawks on Sunday, and probably another when they remarch in the final game of the season.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26385679/giannis-ankle-issue-again-enters-picture-bucks

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Bank. This is just ridiculous. All Pierce need do is sit Young and Collins in key games. Unless management has somehow determined the Dallas pick would be more valuable next year, I'm at a loss as to what is going on.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess they've decided to do their job as the best they can and let the chips fall where they may.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lot of factors will come into the mavs being a playoff team, I'm not saying they won't but the Lakers will probably be better, the clippers might get kawhi, Sacramento will probably get better, those are all teams better than the mavs now. Who exactly among the current playoff teams so you think the mavs will be better than? Outside of the clippers IF they don't get a star I don't see anyone, even then you have to hope the Lakers, wolves, Kings don't get better, heck Phoenix could get Zion and be much better than the mavs.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

dawgtima. Since 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs, it's not a very high bar to clear. I think Porzenga is the biggest key for Dallas. If he is healthy and his game mashes with Doncic's game, I think they'll make the post season with room to spare.

Even if they don't they'll likely be 12th or higher so next year's pick will in all likelihood be lower than 6th, so it's in The Hawks' interest to lose some freaking games.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with y’all on Reddish. Don’t understand with his size and skill why he doesn’t dominate and put up major points. Like he plays scared or something?

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People being chicken littles are funny. Maybe I should stop running my mouth as it isn't working but Milwaukee with Middleton, Bledsoe, and Brook Lopez is very very highly likely still enough to win Sunday. In fact, I'd argue they're still going to be favored by 5-7 points.

To top it off, I'm expecting a loss today. Kent Bazemore could very well be starting and he's played poorly since coming back from injury.