Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ignas Sarguinas Announces Transfer

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2 scholarships available now...

Comments

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought he would have been one to stay. I thought he would contribute next year especially as a 6’5 guard

• Options

ig he figured he wouldn’t have much of a chance to play between Ant, Crump, Harris, Walton at guard

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was a Crean signee, seems a little odd

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

that is a bit odd. Especially coming after his statement (since retracted/modified) that the players he was left with weren't all that good.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to others, Crean was kind of in scramble mode last year and Ignas is the guy you pick up to take a chance on when you're scrambling.

As it turns out, he wasn't gonna play much going forward. His defense is poor for what Crean prefers.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I could see, Crean does not really seem to care much about defense.

• Options

Maybe I should've clarified. Specifically, Ignas didn't fit the type of defense that Crean prefers which is a switchy D, something you'll see in the NBA a lot. Actually I would say it was another part of the struggle, I think maybe 2 players on the team fit a switchy D.

• Options

Alabama’s PG Kira Lewis Jr. has entered the portal. He was a top rated guy in 2018, and heavily pursued by UGA. Could also have a case for immediate eligibility. Could he be a Dawg?

• Options

Lewis Jr or Jaylen Fisher would be the best targets there.