Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anyone coming to Augusta?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Teddy. I get that it's not about standing all day and straining to see a small bit of a single round. I guess the novelty of wanting to be near history has worn off. I've never been what Mick Jagger famously called a ''star f***r, but now even meeting stars has little to no appeal to me.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I too, don't care about meeting stars. That's why I didn't mention that.

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You don’t go for just golf lol. You go for cheap beer, cheap food, the pro shop, then sit in amen corner with your sunglasses on checking out all the talent.

• Options

teddy. events like The Masters are about two things, actually watching golf, or star f....g.

Being where the action is, etc, etc, call it what you will. I just don't have that desire.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Reminds me of Steve Martin's classic "Grandmother's Song."

Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike

Be witty and happy and wise

Be honest and love all your neighbors

Be obsequious, purple, and clairvoyant

Be pompous, obese, and eat cactus

***Be dull, and boring, and omnipresent

Criticize things you don't know about***

Be oblong and have your knees removed...

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've gone to a couple practice rounds in the past just to see the course like you. said. Have had to point out many times that you can do lots of things to a course if the money is there to do it. Most golfers have no idea what it takes to keep a course in good condition even though they may play quite a bit. Have passed up free tickets in the past for tournament rounds.

Got asked spur of moment who my pick was. Radio guy in town asked while was coming out of the local Mexican restaurant earlier tonight. I went with Rory. Told my wife that may be on the radio in the morning

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I should have read farther before my post. But I'll stick with it anyway

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Definitely on my bucket list. Good lord willing maybe next year for a day or two. How much are tickets for practice rounds ?

• Options

Teddy..sure it is.

• Options

Dawg1419. I hope your mother had other children...for her sake.

• Options

Who was that a-hole on here yesterday claiming going to The Masters would just be some ego trip ?

Yep, it was this here dipchit. Sometimes I get in a mood and post things I don't really believe. Truth is I wouldn't turn down a pair of tickets, preferably for Sunday, but Thursday would be fine. Life is about experiences, a day at The Masters would leave an indelible memory.

I wonder if they pipe in that recorded bird chirp to the gallery ?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Look...if you aren't from Augusta...there's no amount of explaining we can do. I'm not a golfer, not a golf person, but I'm born and raised in Augusta and I watch golf two weekends a year. masters week and us open. That should tell you something.

Every year I wanna go back (bc my mom still gets 2 every year) and for some reason it slips my mind and I miss another year

• Options
    edited April 2019

Kasey. I watch The Masters every year, what gave you the impression I don't ?

My comments from last night were about watching in person, high cost, very limited view, standing all day, etc. Besides, go back and read my post in this thread from this morning.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate