Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cut WCDawg some slack with the down votes concerning his possible move

ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dude was just asking for input from those of us who have been to Costa Rica. I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he posts. But he's considering a huge life change. Gotta respect the balls to post that here, considering the BS he knew would come his way.

Comments

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A lot of people move to Costa Rica. For the same reason a lot of people move South to retire.

Its cheaper and a dollar goes farther when you move from a rich area to a poor one.

Im only 45 but have considered it myself. Might be in the cards one day.

Best thing to do would be to go down there and spend a few months. Soak in the lifestyle. Then you will have an idea. Oh and avoid zip lining.

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

True. Maybe he'll listen and learn.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But has he considered the affect on the US which is duty bound to try to protect ex-pats in the coming zombie apocalypse? More ex-pats mean a greater burden on US aide agencies and NGO's to get aid for them. How prepared - really - is Costa Rica for the zombie apocalypse? Gated communities only do so much. Once the zombies breach the perimeter, what then?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of the best pieces of advice I listened to here was the advice to block him. Doing so has improved my time here.

Still, that doesn't block threads he starts so I have been aware of his plan to maybe leave the US, and I wish him well wherever he goes.

His football stuff is pretty smart.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

@WCDawg hasn’t started a fight or been involved in one since January - as far I have seen - True story.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FPD. I'm covered on the zombie thingy. I plan on keeping a couple on chains to make the rest feel non-threatened by my presence. Remember folks, zombies are people too..at least they used to be. Just show them love, from a safe distance of course.

• Options

I like the Michonne approach of using a sword to cut off their arms and jaws, but I would draw the line at rubbing their rotting stench all over my body as cover scent.

A Zombie apocalype in Central America would be a bigger problem than in most parts of North America. Unlike in the TV shows, winter would freeze their flesh amd dramatically slow their advance. You could wipe them out very easily, which is a benefit you would not enjoy in CR. Just something to consider before you go “all in” moving toward the equator.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Canada might close it's borders on us and force us to exterminate them with all our guns in warm temperatures... What a drag..

• Options

When that happens, Canada will wish they had a big pretty wall like the US will have on its Southern border.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey I have more disdain than most for ol WC and idk if it’s the mods or he’s turning over a new leaf but the prickishness(new word call Webster) has died down A LOT.

For a WC thread Costa Rica thread is like children’s church on Sunday.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A GREAT wood for guitars and such.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Leave them to walk around? Would be a bummer at the outdoor cafe scene. Likely big drop off in business there. Means poorer service as wait staff will migrate to higher volume gigs. Same with the chefs. So, the tourist brochures for CR will have to be re-done so as not to feature the outdoor dining experience - false advertising.

For my money a clean shot to their brains makes life far simpler. Has it been confirmed that these are "pink mist" dealies? Could promote the extermination as "a pink mist for a morning mist brunch". Winner. Hope CR is on top of this.