Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

When do you visit the forum most?

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I realized yesterday that I visit and participate in conversations on this site wayyyyyy more in the offseason than I do during football season. It's probably because I need some recruiting chatter to engage in because nobody else that I talk to face to face knows anything about it. And during the season I talk with coworkers about the games enough to where I don't really want to get on here because I've heard it all and talked about it already. For those that participate during the games, I envy you. Once the first quarter is done with I've already thrown back 5 or 6 Michelob Ultras and I'm in no mood to try and multitask. Just curious. I know alot went on here last season that I missed. How many of you feel this way?

When do you visit the forum most? 7 votes

During the season
71%
BoroDawgPeachCoDawgDawg1419RobbieRob14TNDawg71 5 votes
Offseason
28%
donmVALDOSTADAWG 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of the above. All the time.

I tried being on here during games, but it was too depressing. Seems like the most critical and angry elements come out during games (including me sometimes) and a little bit of time puts a more rational perspective on things. I sometimes go back and read through the in-game comments, or occasionally comment during quarter breaks, but I enjoy it more just watching with my family and interacting with or reading comments from other hard-core fans here afterwards!

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Offseason

Less variety of topics in season I think.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mainly get on here for the recruiting news, so I guess I'm fairly equal.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I check in here atleast twice a day whether I participate or not. This is my one stop shop for all things Dawgs related. The only downside that I've noticed coming here so often is that I don't read as many novels and books as I used to, however, I now seem to have the leg up on Dawg news by checking in here first.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm confused by the excessive number of choices in the poll question.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    During the season

I'm on during your morning constitutional as well. Is that weird?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Offseason

Could be with a little work.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I am SUPER (mod) HAPPY for you.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn’t vote. When I can and it’s always at least once a day.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

same. I never go into game day threads though. The amount of chicken littles bemoaning any kind of negative play gets exhausting.

Sample:

Play...D'Andre Swift run up the middle, stuffed for little to no gain on 2nd down

Reaction...

"What the heck?! Why is Cheney calling a run right there ?! Does he know we have wideouts? God forbid he call a pass play once in a while. I swear we are losing this game. We need to fire him immediately! Hold on, I'm about to go start three threads complaining about this one play."

Next play...Jake Fromm fires a laser to a streaking JJ Holloman who jukes the secondary on his way to a touchdown where he carries the ball over the goal line and we go up 28-3 after a Hot Rod XP.

Reaction...

Crickets. Doesn't post again for a week.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Usually every day, when I am effing off at work.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I’ve spent way too much time on UGA football forums (here and DawgPost before it went under). Got me through a tour in Iraq in 2008 and has become a virtual obsession. I’m constantly checking in throughout the day. I’ve been fortunate to have jobs that allowed me the time to check in regularly on a daily basis. Probably need to have another choice on the poll that says “always”. About the only time I don’t visit the forum is during a game.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are we playing guess the poster, because I’m pretty sure it’s your favorite friend from NYC!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

It was more of a catchall for all immediately negative posters. we have a few