Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The intro to the Final 4 for the Women is super cheesy.

ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope the games are better.

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't see it, but all sports pre-game productions today s.uck as a general rule. Most people would like to know who the players are, what their stats are, maybe see some highlights from the season, perhaps some analysis of the likely matchups in the game, and what to look for.

But we never get any of that. Instead we get human interest stories, thinly veiled politics, and talking heads yucking it up or bloviating about nothing of interest.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

well we know you prefer women's sports to men's 😉

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eventually, a man will come along that self-identifies as a woman and ruin women's basketball like they're ruining women's track & field, women's wrestling, and women's MMA.

And then the libs will come out and shame the actual women who start to complain that it isn't fair to let a 'man' dominate their sport.

You heard it first here.  

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

you raise the interesting question - how to define gender. Genetically, anatomically, experientially or some other. I'll be we could get a decent thread going on that one.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This already happened back in 1976 with women's tennis. Renee Richards was transgendered and played in the women's league. She didn't win anything and everyone went on with their lives.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yeah, but if John McEnroe made the switch and played?

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not true. I just like the best teams battling. Saw the evil wink. Most USA Men's teams don't compete at a high level. Lacrosse is the only one that comes to mind. Track, maybe.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To my point above, CBS is now wasting precious pre-game air time in order to show Katy Perry performing music. Unbelievable.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

The same people who say that climate change must be accepted by 'science'....are the same people who deny basic science and physiology by claiming that those with male genitalia and male genes are females, and vice versa. So....you can't win for losing. In my opinion, if you have a penis and testicles, you're a man. End of story.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s keep it on topic, please. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to debate gender. I’m sure you’ll change someone’s mind over the internet. 😉