Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Okay...what did Mike Griffith say that got people riled up?

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You folks with chronic pain should research curcummin and tumeric. Very potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. Buy high quality, even the raw root if you can, and grind it yourself in to a smoothie.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's the finding the quality cbd oil that worries me. I have no idea where to start looking. Once you get into the pain clinic cycle you are messed up, imo. You're hung with it and it does help to a point but you don't want to take pain pills and muscle relaxers until you die. All I want to see is if it would help but we can't risk losing the pain clinic just in case it doesn't. See vicious cycle.

@bankwalker, Thanks for the info. I'll check into that as well.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Many are interested in it, but they're extremely reluctant because of the law. Simply put, it's not worth risking their license to them for a herb that may or may not work. While they legalized possession of medical oils, they have not legalized any way of actually obtaining it. There are no legal dispensers, and it's actually illegal to go to Colorado and then transport it across state lines. At least this was the case the last time a looked into it a year or so ago.

As for me? I'm extremely convinced it has opportunities medically. I've seen an uncontrolled epilepsy girl on 4 different, very expensive, very high adverse reaction, epilepsy meds. And she still had seizures. She went on the Haley's hope oil stuff out of Colorado, she got off every single one of her seizure meds and became seizure free for at least a year. Brand new high dollar medications from big pharma almost never see results like that. That's near miraculous.

There is also some benefit being shown with certain mental disorders like Autism. Pain and nausea, muscle spams, end of life comfort, they all look promising too.

But keep in mind it's not a snake oil cure all. And the hurdles are going to be big for a drug that can get you high and be grown in your back yard (very little profit incentive). In fact, don't be surprised if everything is legalized except the ability to grow it. Money talks...

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

@AnotherDawg Ditto sir. ditto. I think that the point in these off of the field case(s) is that the team has rules, and guidelines that must be to adhered to by all, and that everyone should stay focused on their team, their school, and for goodness sake staying out of trouble is (and ought to be) the main thing to be avoided. I am not one to know either any of the pros or cons of anything related to the marijuana thing. There have been a total of six arrests, and that is the issue. SIX of them. All an assortment of different things happening to these young student athletes, but that is just too much off the field trouble, is it not??? The big social commentary aside, and (to me) it's like Kirby Smart had the entire team saying back during the 2017 season, "Keep the main thing, the main thing." What is that? FOCUS. For me, it's GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly You sir have the FUNNIEST STUFF HERE in the forum!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options

I love how Georgia's legislature finally approves the oil for certain qualifying conditions but fails to give the people that need it a safe way to get it. Being able to take something that you can't have access to doesn't do much good. I keep hoping that UGA will be able start/complete a study and secure a way to manufacture the oil so people who need it can be comfortable buying it.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And Alabama has always took any girlfriend/wife beaters we let go..

• Options

That's what happens in a bureaucracy. You got to move a 1000 pieces to get 1 result.

• Options

So true and then it'll take years and years to finally get it right.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hypothesize being the key word in the so called "medical benefits".

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I admit I don't have the context for the tweet. So let me ask, when she basically tweeted, "Don't go the UGA if you smoke weed" could her concern be that doing so affects the other players and hurts the team when you get disciplined for it?

• Options
    ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith got me “Riled Up” during his DawgNation Facebook Live going on and on about the UVA Double Dribble and then talking about Bruce Pearl’s faith in God.

Ty Jerome was clearly fouled by Bryce Brown since Auburn had a foul to give, which created the loose ball that led to the Double Dribble. Way to “Cherry Pick” your facts Mike!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

True. It's what all scientist do when research is in it's infancy stage. They usually don't make conclusions until the mouse grows to 40 lbs, turns purple and has 4 inch fangs.....

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bob Marley smoked MJ nearly every day of his adult life......

And died from cancer.

• Options
  • Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I guess reefer doesn't help with skin cancer. However, Willie Nelson has lung cancer from years of smoking cigarettes but continues to smoke green and is still kicking.

• Options
    edited April 2019

Bob Marley's illness started as skin cancer on a toe.....but ended up finishing as brain and lung cancer. And Willie never had cancer, but he did stop smoking tobacco after having pneumonia several times and a collapsed lung.

• Options

George never smoked cigarettes; only cigars....and cigar smoke is generally not inhaled. George lived to be 100 simply because he had a generally healthy lifestyle and worked out daily by swimming, walking, doing push-ups, and sit-ups until he was 98 years old and wasn't able to anymore after a fall in his tub.   

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Idk why I said lung cancer but Willie Nelson does have emphysema. Still a bad lung problem due to cigarettes and he's still smoking weed. Weed doesn't cause lung cancer