Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves game

Dawg94Dawg94 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Going to the game today. What's the best place to eat in the stadium?

Comments

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a fan of Fox Brothers BBQ, they’ve got a place inside the park or you can eat at the Fox Brothers BBQ/Terrapin Taproom on the perimeter of the park and it has access to the park from the back of the restaurant. If you go with option 2 be sure to show up early or be prepared to wait in line.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best thing is that you can go in game and then scan your ticket as you leave, eat in the battery and then come back into the game. Beers at terrapin are half the price if beers in stadium and you can bring them into stadium with you.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So tired of watching Newcomb’s inability to throw strikes. Soroka went 5 perfect innings in his first AAA start the other night, hope he can stay healthy and come up to the majors.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If SN can develop some command (and I think that is a big IF) he'll be something pretty special. Just impossible to predict when, if ever, the "light will go on" for young pitchers. Just have to wait and see. I hope they don't give up on him as easily as I and some other fans are prone to do.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love Newcomb’s stuff, he could be dominant if he can consistently throw strikes early in the count and keep his pitch count down. Julio would be the first starting pitcher that I would pull from the rotation. He’s had some good years, but it’s hard to see him being more than mediocre given his performance the last few years. After hearing about our great young pitching prospects for so long, I’m ready to see some of them come up and live up to their hype.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Liberty Media sucks. They have a great young team who could do special things but have chosen to eat the profits and potential. Around $1 billion has been spent on three players by three teams. Liberty Media would not spend 1/100th of this in the off-season.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I'm with you @coastaldawg, and I'm willing to pay the price for a year or two in order to reap the long term benefit. Management needs to throw the studs out there and let them fail, learn, grow.

Tom Glavine went 9-21 over his first two seasons before going 14-8 in 1989. Two years later he won a Cy Young.

John Smoltz went 14-18 over his first two seasons, then worked his way up to a 24-win season (and a Cy Young award) before he reached the age of 30.

Steve Avery's 3-11 season as a rookie paid immediate dividends with an 18-8 record the next year.

And even though it wasn't with the Braves, Greg Maddux went 8-18 over his first two seasons, then won four (count 'em, 4) Cy Young awards before he was 30 years old.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

@AnotherDawg I personally don't follow baseball or the Braves, but you do put out good stuff that I even look at and find interesting.

Keep up the good work!!

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it mechanics, grip, arm angle, release?

Control is often coachable.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it is all of those and I agree control/command (still don't understand the difference) can be learned. However, not everyone learns at the same pace and SN may just be taking a bit longer (I hope). I guess some never learn it.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How fun is the NL East going to be this season? Phil’s and Mets red hot, Braves and Nats playing better. Shaping up to be a great baseball year. Oh throw in Brewers in the central, CY going off already