Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Braves Batting Order SHOULD Look Like

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited April 2019 in Off Topic

Ronnie

Captain Dan

Freddie

Markakis

Ozzie

Camargo (3b)

Mac

Ender

(P)

Initially, i was all for Ronnie staying at cleanup, but, right now, Markakis produces well in the 4 hole and Ronnie has been our best leadoff guy.

Enders speed is not enough to offset his inconsistent bat. If youre not getting on, it doesnt matter.

Comments

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just want to note that Ender isn’t even very fast.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's too early to draw any conclusions where Acuna's start is concerned. The only way it might be a long term negative is if he was just not ready to handle the big money contract maturely.

We still really don't have an ideal leadoff guy on roster. I would have Freddie at the 4 spot, the rest is still muddled to me.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

So I know where you stand on these matters and you know where I stand on them. You can disregard this, but I’ll say it anyway.

so far the quality of contact made by ronnie has been pretty good. Be patient and his unlucky results so far will stabilize.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He just isn’t smart about WHEN he runs.

He will double to lead off an inning last year and then get thrown out trying to steal third... “NEVER make the first or third out at third base” basic...

I think he tries to “hustle” in d u m b situations...

• Options

I was saying that Swanson should bat second last night to my dad.

I like albies in leadoff if he can hit less fly balls and acuna at clean up.

I like Donaldson in the 6 slot to break up lefty righty. Or even batting markakis first due to his obp.

Albies

swanson

freddy

acuna

markakis

donaldson (he will start getting hits soon)

catcher

ender

pitcher

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fill me in as another that believes it's too early to just give up on Donaldson. Yes, for Camargo lovers, it hurts that he was moved to the bench, but "it is what it is and it'll be what it'll be" as long as Donaldson can heat up.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Ozzie can keep the same approach and make contact as consistently as he has for the first week, my order would be:

Ozzie

Acuna

Freddie

Donaldson

Markakis

Dansby

Mac / Flowers

Ender

love seeing the way Ozzie and Acura feed off each other batting back-to-back.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Dansby
    2. Ozzie
    3. Acuna
    4. Freddie
    5. Markakis
    6. Donaldson
    7. Mac/Flowers
    8. Inciarte
  • Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Donaldson can heat up, I have no problem with him in the lineup. I've stated my doubts about him being signed only because of his health. He seems to be pretty healthy, and he's definitely great at defense. Camargo has a cannon and looked pretty good in right field. If it is good for players to be rested like they have been with Camargo replacing them, it's a good idea. I just wonder how it affects everyone to get a night off 1 to 2 nights a week.

Also, Acuna seems to be pressing some at cleanup. Would like to see him leading off again.

1. Acuna
    2. Albies - he started off hot last year and then cooled off some. Replace with Ender when they both flip.
    3. Freddie
    4. Donaldson (if he heats up)
    5. Markakis
    6. Swanson
    7. Catcher
    8. Ender
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Kirbstomper. where I stand. Acuna is talented enough that only injury apathy/a lack of focus has much of a chance of derailing his course. I'll never totally disregard the possible affects a 100 million dollars might have on anybody, let alone a 20 year old from a poor country.

The thing is, it's a fully guaranteed contract. Barring RA just not showing up or committing some criminal act, he will have the full amount of the contract, injured, poor performance, don't matter, the checks will keep coming.

If anybody knows a man's nature well enough to be sure how such a situation will affect him, I'd be surprised.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Albies

Ocuna

Freeman

Markakis

Donaldson

Camargo

Ender

Catcher

Pitcher

• Options

Donaldson is hitting it solid... just right at people

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's more like it, Ronald!!

• Options
    efreeman3efreeman3 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. Albies 2nd
    2. Acuna CF
    3. Freeman 1st
    4. Donaldson 3rd
    5. Markakis RF
    6. Camargo LF
    7. Swanson SS
    8. Flowers C
    9. Pitcher

Against lefties

• Options
    efreeman3efreeman3 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. Inciarte CF - He will heat up
    2. Acuna LF
    3. Freeman 1st
    4. Donaldson 3rd
    5. Markakis RF
    6. Albies 2nd
    7. Swanson SS
    8. McCann C - When healthy
    9. Pitcher

Against righties

• Options

I’ll give my take sabermetric style

Righties

freeman

acuna

markakis

donaldson

Albies

Swanson

Catcher

pitcher

inciarte

lefties

acuna

donaldson

swanson

freeman

albies

markakis

flowers

pitcher

inciarte

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The whole point of the current line up is to break up matching up pitchers to batters. By going back and forth it keeps managers from being able to send someone out vs lefty lefty with Freddie and Nick. The line up is producing just fine. It’s also too early to make any calls on how a line up should be.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2019

^^^^^ Has it correct

Its a fluid thing that has to change based on match ups and who is running hot.

The only spot id love to see the same every day is Freeman hitting second.

The old baseball norms just dont apply anymore.

• Options

They're 6-1 since the 0-3 start to the season in Philly, just keep doing that.