Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

If you could wipe out one tv show off the face of the Earth. What would it be?

Comments

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GMA. All of their news is based on opinion. All of their interviews are written in advance and read from a teleprompter. If you think respondents answer questions in a spontaneous way, think again.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is a new show on the Starz channel that will make you feel like we're approaching the End Times, and it's (fittingly) called Now Apocalypse.

Here's an excerpt from a review of the show that tells you all you need to know...

Hailing from the minds of New Queer Cinema legend Gregg Araki and Vogue sex columnist Karley Sciortino, the new Starz series follows bisexual protagonist Ulysses (Avan Jogia) and his friends as they pursue love, sex and fame in Los Angeles. The show is literally everything a queer audience would want.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd get rid of the three hour block on Fox news with Cucker Tarlson, hannity, and Ingraham. It should be called, "Things we made up to keep you mad at liberals and other assorted propaganda." Fox has some decent programming but those three are just assholes.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This will not be popular (buut neither have I been all my life sooo I'm used to it) but The Walking Dead and any other zombie shows or movies. Zombies creep-me-out. When I am sick and have a fever I always have zombie dreams. I don't know why. So help me I believe the very concept of the living dead is demonic.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To keep this one on the rails let's just all agree that political pundits on EITHER side are essentially worthless. Regardless of your side of the aisle or network of choice, getting your opinions from people who are often unqualified, make money telling you what you want to hear, and have an obvious agenda is a bad idea. The definition of pundit used to mean an expert or learned person..from an Indian/Hindu term. Now it has been superceded by "a source of opinion".

IMO, Country would be a lot better if people on both sides realized the difference and stopped taking what these "entertainers" say as being gospel truth.

• Options

Corporate media isn't journalism. They stick with the formula that gets the most viewers. For Fox news it's always been saying whatever the conservative viewership wants to hear and keeping them mad at liberals. Currently MSNBC and CNN just talk Trump nonstop, but it's always about getting ratings and making money. Unfortunately substantive reporting and discussions on policy isn't a big money maker. I used those three from Fox because they are particularly egregious and others had already criticized "liberal" shows, so I thought I'd bring a different perspective to keep things fair and balanced.

• Options

Warning from a Mod in 3....2....1? lol

• Options

It's been civil so far

• Options

I'm on record as saying that the pundits on BOTH sides are garbage but I could just as easily say that Fox is nothing but how great Trump is and how persecuted the poor guy is, how every problem in this country is the fault of Obama/Hillary, or cherrypicked stories about MS-13 gang members that are currently planning to murder/rape all good white people and take over the country.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of them.

Nothing but sports for me. The world is a bad enough place without seeing how s**pid everyone is.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed....I'll probably get scoulded by the mods for saying this, but...as a Pastor and 'man of the cloth' (lol) it's just a crying shame that this country can't come together and unite. Jesus tried to tell us that on the Sermon on the Mount but no one seems to wanna listen; 'A house divided cannot stand.' This nation isn't going to stand much long either, as divided as it is now. Again...JMHO.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I'm with you on the yelling. It's a big reason why I get most of my news online these days. I don't watch tv to hear some guy shout at me or to interpret what's going on as they're talking over each other. Mostly, they're just attempting to force their point or get in the best zinger. They do that for their ego and I couldn't give less of a crap about that.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugaforever There really is only one "news-person" that works directly (and violently) upon my stomach exactly like the old-school **** inducing medicine that was called "Ipecac"- that substance which was once upon a time used a very long time ago by U.S. Mama's everywhere across the country to induce vomiting in cases where a child (like me, as a wee little guy back in the 1960s, and or the slightly older me later on, in the early 1970s) that may have ingested some kind of household poison. That "news-person" that has that effect on me today??? He is none other than CNN's Don Lemon!!! I simply turn the channel right away, or I immediately switch the TV to OFF, AND I DO IT REALLY, REALLY FAST!!!! Other than that? I can easily just browse around at all of the crappy sludge, garbage, and filth everywhere, and calmly change channels on just about anything else that there is, without really being too disturbed about it much at all. Maybe it's simply because he IS AN L.S.U. guy????? That MIGHT explain it all. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Better question for me is which would one I keep. Outside of my reality TV...college football, hockey, baseball, etc., I haven't watched broadcast TV in 12 years. Give me football--the rest can just go away.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, come on man....I'm about to be 50 and I will admit; The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are our 'guilty pleasures'...lol