Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Music Do you Like the Least?

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grohl has talent, but not much depth. He's a pop musician.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont own many cd's at all, but Fleetwood Mac is one. Liked Stevie on her own also. Thought ld add this. Only gave my dislike in 1st post

• Options
    JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prince.

I mean I like his music but I've never really wanted to hear him or any of his songs.

I'm still trying to really hear what makes him so... iconic... from a music standpoint.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anything that is opera? Just S U C K S to my ears hearing it. Some folks absolutely love it, and I’m not one of them. However, there are some simply amazing instrumental only pieces of classical concert music of the all time works in history from the “Masters” like Beethoven, Mozart, and Bach, etc that have stood the test of time. On occasion I do enjoy listening to that. However, as for Opera music??? Not one little bit. Y U C K!!!

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's hard to top Pavarotti singing Ava Maria. Most opera is boring though.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d have to say Grunge music. Which is odd because I grew up in its heyday. Nirvana was fine but honestly didn’t produce all that much and IMO get waaaaay too credit. And they are superior to the mass of bands that were apparently just popular for being from the PAC NW and wearing flannel. Or were in the movie Swingers...that movie probably deserves a lot of the blame.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All this bubble gum pop stuff. Told my 17yr old daughter that she wouldn’t know a good song if it slapped her in the face.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And I can’t stand Darius Rucker, solo. He’s a UofSC fan and I remember him trashing UGA one time on ESPN years ago, ala Spurrier style. I wouldn’t walk across the road to hear or see hootie nor the blowflies. He’s probably the main reason UofSC is in my top 5 hate list teams.

• Options
    CaliDawgCaliDawg Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey Wow. The Eagles? Bob Marley? Someone needs to help you out brotha.

Country! I dont care if it’s too easy it’s too terrible to let slide. Once in a blue moon there might be a tolerable song but not often enough for me to want to save he genre.

Also... will someone please put a hit out on Cardi B?.. Please?

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Easy, Techno. Club close by that plays Techno with strobe lights and glowsticks everywhere. Erks me to even here the plays as I walk by.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bob Dylan is one of the most overrated artist in musical history.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I guess the fact that he could play over 20 musical instruments is what made him such a musical genius. His first album....he played every one of the musical tracks himself. Came in the studio day by day and recorded them before he did the vocals. The Hendrix influence was also evident in his guitar playing and stage presence.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw him in concert in the early 80’s. Have to admit, he put on a great show. Was phenomenal on every instrument used in his songs/music. BUT, Rick James was even better in concert.

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2019

Courtsey of the Red, White, and Blue. You need to pack and kiss my ass if that doesn't ring true.

• Options
    ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Country and new Rap.

Well, like Trap music and mumbles **** really. Also Rock for the first 10 years after Grunge, well and the 10 years before Grunge.

I mean, if I'm being honest, there is a good bit I don't like...

• Options
    MentokMentok Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can’t believe James Taylor hasn’t made the list. Could go my entire life without hearing his stuff and not miss it at all.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of my favorite eras of music came between 1997ish and 2007ish. In the 90's the radio music scene got very stale and boring. The Internet changed the music scene forever with file sharing and self-publishing the underground music scene exploded. I used WinMX to share music with people all over the world, so I was exposed to music most people had never heard. Also during that era Downtempo, Lounge and Global Music took off. A lot of incredible music was made during that era.