Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Iron Throne

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Arya Stark
    1. My girl is still in it!
    2. Night King don't look so bad now... geesh
    3. Some of the best battle shots I've ever seen on a screen.
  • Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Daenerys Targaryen

I hate the hound died but I’m so glad he got to kill his brother in the process. I cannot wait til next week.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Tyrion Lannister

Ruthless. Mixed emotions. Great episode.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Tyrion Lannister

Arya going to go all assassins creed final episode.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jon Snow

Dany dies this last episode. I’m not sure if she was crazy when she destroyed the city or if she was crazy like a fox. She knew that if Cersei and those loyal to her or the guards, etc. lived they would rebel. They had to die. She also knew the people wouldn’t love her and wouldn’t accept her as queen for what she had to do. She also knows Jon has the better “rightful” claim to the throne....even from her family.

She dis this for Jon and is going to either kill herself or let herself be killed the last episode and Jon rides Drogon.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Night King

This was the best episode of the season sofar

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    Other

If Dany could dodge all those spears this week, why couldn't see do the same last week? If she was going to go all "burn them all" like her dad, why didn't she do it last week when they killed M? Just seemed arbitrary.

My true issue though is Varys. The guy served 6 Kings because he essentially knew how to work the system and now he makes this move? Total BS. Even if he thought Jon should be king, he would have waited to do anything when he had the numbers. Go back and watch his conversation with Ned right before he's killed. He knew Ned was right, but he also knew he'd die if he said so. The only reason he did something this time is because the show is ending and didn't have time to wait it out. Silliness. All the clever characters have become dumb this season and it's frustrating.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah. That’s when I knew this episode was going to be pretty paint by numbers. The way that went down was an insult to his character.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Daenerys Targaryen

I actually think the opposite. I think PC has long been a way for the left to silence all opposition.

The right is just as PC it just looks different

Try saying Happy Holidays to the wrong person.

• Options
    Daenerys Targaryen

Looks like my horse is still in the race as well.

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Sansa Stark

That episode was visually stunning, and if I haven’t seen all the other episodes and read the books previously I would tell you that’s the best thing I’ve ever seen. But when you have over 80 hours of tv building up to this moment, I think it might be one of the worst episodes of GOT ever.

All the sudden 1 dragon can easily do what 2 dragons wouldn’t have dreamed of doing a week ago.

i still have no idea what set Danny off. She had won! But then she decides to burn all the town folk to the ground for no reason.

Arrya’s entire teenage to adult life has been about killing Cersei, and one speech by the Hound is able to talk her out of it 🤨🤨🤨🤨?

Also Jon saw what his troops were doing, Jon Snow, even a guy a big enough #%* hole to not say goodbye to his pet, would command his soldiers to pull back and not let them kill innocent women and children.

This show is all spectacle, no substance.

• Options
    Daenerys Targaryen

i still have no idea what set Danny off. She had won! But then she decides to burn all the town folk to the ground for no reason.

A. She is a Targaryen

B. The writers mentioned she was upset seeing the Red Keep and thinking back on all that had been taken from her family etc etc.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    Jon Snow

But what is more true?

The biggest issue about the PC culture is the inability to say something is right and something is wrong. There are absolutes.

Saying Christmas isnt PC when its a more true statement.

Feelings have nothing to do with it.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Daenerys Targaryen

The right has its own version of this again. If you were against the Iraq War in the lead up you were unpatriotic. This is a version of conservative PC.

Conservatives often need safe spaces from speech they dont agree with.

Waving a Mexican flag on U.S. soil means you hate America, but waving a Confederate flag just means you’re proud of your heritage. Etc etc. There are many such examples

They both do it.

• Options
    Arya Stark

You are absolutely right. I've had to dismiss a lot of practicality this season. Mainly smart characters becoming s.t.u.p.i.d.

• Options
    Arya Stark

The only thing that explains it is that Danny turned to the dark side and embraced it's power....

Plot wise, the fans have had to swallow a load this year. That said, if you can tune it out the show is still enjoyable.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    I hate you and will not participate in your poll

Yeah there were about two to three seasons worth of unresolved plot heading into the last three episodes. Knowing that you have to just go in with incredibly low expectations.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Eh, it felt a little rushed....everyone wanted to see her incinerate the Iron Fleet and after she torched the wall and came in behind the outside army, it seemed this would have been the best place to stop. But you just knew she wasn't going to be satisfied, or at least I did. I told my crowd, she's about to just go on a rampage.

I predicted the Hound would die with his brother. I'm a little stunned that Arya bowed out so easily.

It seems they tried to make us feel sorry for Cersei and turn her into a good guy, just before offing her, and that was like your mother forcing you to drink medicine when you were young. Nobody wanted that, everyone wanted to see her die a mean ol vengeful witch and be able to laugh at, like we did the Iron fleet guy.

Other than that, I'm ok with what happened. It feels now more than ever that Jon and Dany are doomed. They are certainly trying to led us to believe now that Arya will come after Dany, but that sounds too predictable.

Hard to say what will happen in the end. I'm still going with Tyrion on the throne after my first guess (Lyanna) died killing the giant.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jon Snow

I'm not sure the dragons couldn't have wrecked that type of destruction previously, I think Dany was restraining their more destructive impulses up until now.

We essentially saw what made the Targaryens so powerful for generations, it wasn't until the dragons died off that they became vulnerable.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    Jon Snow

Great episode, a few things I'd have liked to go differently, but overall, solid A. Several observations / things I've read:

The moment that Arya inexplicably finds the horse after surviving the devastation is likely an homage to the Bible. Don't remember the exact quote but along the lines of "I looked back and saw a pale horse, its rider was death and hell followed behind it".

Varys was likely trying to assassinate Dany by poison. That was the reason behind his conversation with the girl about someone not eating their food and being watched by soldiers. This may also explain the sudden change in her personality.

The way Cersei saw herself out at the beginning of Clegane-Bowl was comical. Sort of a "don't mind me fellas, let me just squeeze by you real quick".

I guess technically you could say the prophecy of the valonqar was fulfilled since it's Jaime who led Cersei down into the catacombs and it was Tyrion who gave him the idea. Not as satisfying a resolution as I would've liked however.

Lastly, if Jon had just agreed to ride the skin boat to tuna-town with his aunt, thousands of innocents might've been spared. Kind of a weird "moral of the story" but there it is.