Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Take A Chance Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National Take a Chance Day encourages us to break out of our comfort zone. Mark Twain said "20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

Most of us have unaccomplished goals or dreams. What if this was the day to take the chance to make them happen? Even if it is just the first step toward that goal, it will be one step closer than before.

Any long held goals/dreams you'd care to share? I've always wanted to stand in the batter's box and see what ML pitching is like. Not necessarily even swing at a pitch. Just see what it is really like. When I see a pitch from the CF camera, it looks hittable. When the camera angle is from behind the catcher, I am much less certain.

When in college I did get to catch Nelson Briles, who later went on to pitch in the bigs and I did get to stand behind Tom Haller when he was warming up Gaylord Perry so I have a faint memory of what it was like. I'd like to be reminded again

It's also National Lost Dog Awareness Day.

This day was created not only to bring awareness to the dogs that go missing but to also celebrate the reunions. Through networks of shelters, veterinaries, social media and other media sources, many lost canines are reunited with their loved ones. National Lost Dog Awareness Day is an opportunity to learn more about prevention and networking.

There may even be a few folks on this forum who would like to talk like Shakesepare. Well, today's the day. Start using thee and thou and thy.thine for you/yours and you are wll on your way to enjoying National Talk Like Shakespeare Day.

Comments

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I take a chance just driving to work in the morning!

Get your pets chipped. Animal Control, vets and shelters routinely scan for chips now. Also most animal control officers will try to reunite dogs and cats that have a collar with a license or name and address on them. It's much easier on them than all the intake paperwork.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

…..IIIIII don't know, seems risky to me...🤔