Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Teacher Appreciation Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited May 2019 in Off Topic

Did you have a teacher who had a significant influence in your life? One whose name popped up when you heard the word teacher mentioned? We just had a day honoring nurses, a truly under appreciated group of folks. The same may be said of teachers. As the bumper sticker says, "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance".

It's also Natonal Roast Leg Of Lamb Day. I'm not a big fan of lamb, but perhaps some of the chefs on this board can share a recipe or two on how to prepare this dish?

Comments

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a teacher, my favorite thing in the world is when former students/athletes that I have taught and/or coached have reached out to me about a positive impact I have had on them. It is the best. The intrinsic value can never be quantified. No one teaches and coaches for the money...it's for things like this. Take a second and reach out to one on Facebook. It will make their month!

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As the husband of a teacher, I agree! I think most spelling teachers, however, would kindly request that you edit your title.