Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

OT: Yeti Roadie

2»

Comments

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The nicest thing about the high dollar coolers is simply convenience. I can load it down on a Thursday afternoon for a long weekend at the lake or offshore fishing and not worry about it all weekend and into Tuesday. If convenience of not having to stop and grab ice is a nice thing to you, then it’s worth it

as far as the high priced coolers go, I prefer pelican above others

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Safe to say no proof is necessary that a chilled coozie will keep beer cooler longer than a coozie at room temperature.

I wasn’t talking about hiking either. A person isn’t going to carry any type of cooler very far, but you said “wilderness” which eliminates car camping in my mind. If you are car camping, then you for sure don’t need a yeti because you can use the vehicle to shield the cooler. People just don’t know that most coolers will keep ice for 3-4 days if you chill it first (you have to do that with a yeti, too) and keep it out of direct sun. I’ve already stated the $16 igloos kept ice for 5 days for me, so how would it make sense to drop $350 on a cooler for 3-4 days of ice whike camping?

The reason yeti’s are good on a boat or the back of a truck is because of the sunlight exposure. If you can avoid the sun then the yeti is a total waste of money - and don’t expect 4-5 days from a yeti in direct sunlight Most people won’t even get 3