Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't understand why you burn Fried for one inning. He looked good. I know there were right handed hitters coming up in Goldschmidt and ozuna but Fried has faced right-handers all season. I think managers tend to go overboard in the playoffs micro-managing every tiny match-up. Do what's gotten you there.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Uggggghhhhhhhhh

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sick and tired of Luke Jackson. I tried to defend him earlier in the year but he isn’t a good pitcher. I would rather have Teheran than this bum.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good season but they’re done. BP isn’t consistent enough

• aross822aross822 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Well side note I got 2 tickets for sale for UK vs UGA section 125 row 30. Might be shifting our focus real quick to football fully. My email is aross822@yahoo.com if interested

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m pretty ready for markakis to be a bench bat for us next year. And maybe for the front office to get a few top level arms. A boy can dream

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God that ****. Odds aren’t good for the rest of the series either if I heard the announcers right. Something like 73% of the time the winner of game 1 wins the series, did anyone else catch that?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough loss but no reason to lose hope. Win tomorrow. Find a way to win one in STL. Come home.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully they woke up at the end there. We probably deserved to lose the game anyways, considering we took a 3-1 lead on errors.

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why did Snitker take Fried out? Why? Why? Dammit man.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A touch of bad luck there at the end. Martin going down while warming up. Those 2 2-run doubles in the 9th for St. Louis were both painted down the lines. I honestly think the one down the 1st base line looked foul.

Ultimately, the bullpen didn't have it and Acuna has to grow up. There probably aren't 3 guys in all of baseball more talented than he is but he's got to grow up.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Braves we’ve come to know in the playoffs, cold bats. Snit making a move at every chance he can then leaving Melancon in to give up more runs, when he clearly wasn’t hitting his spots... Acuna clearly didn’t learn his lesson about admiring hits off the fence. Typical frustrating Braves playoff baseball.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seemed like game went sideways when Martin got hurt and Snitker brought Luke in. Thought at the time that I would rather see Newcomb get the call in that situation. Give the Cardinals credit for making the most of their opportunities, lots of balls hit in the right spots. Having Cervelli calling pitches the last couple of innings might have had an effect, seemed like Melancon was throwing lot more curves than usual. Don’t know what to say about Acuna, it’s hard to believe that happened in a playoff game. Great talent, hope he learns a lesson this time.

• RedDawgOneRedDawgOne Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought when they put Fried in that was it. Let him finish the game. Too many pitchers. Not enough faith. Probably could have left Dallas K in longer too. Now we have an untested bull pen.

This discussion has been closed.