Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Search me. I wouldn't give a nickel for this team's chances right this minute. I realize that is pessimistic almost to the point of fatalism, but I bet we all feel the weight of finding ways to lose generation after generation.

edited October 2019

Sometimes I'm absolutely sure The Braves, The Bulldogs, The Falcons,etc, etc will always come up a dime short. I'm not superstitious exactly, but ****.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I coach baseball so a lot of friends text me questions after a game like this.

If you're wondering why Snit pulled Keuchel so early, it's a fair question. If you're wondering why Snit didn't leave Fried in the game, it's a fair question. The best answer I can give you to both questions is, "that's modern baseball." But I feel your pain. Like many things in our society, the modern approach is not necessarily better.

As for Acuna, I hope Snit benches him for Gm2. I love the kid. But the kid has to learn. Some things in baseball are unforgivable.

As for the Braves, I think we'll still win the series. Folty will win tomorrow. Soroka will win the 3rd game. I don't know what will happen in the 4th game. We might win the series in STL but we'll at least make it home. I like our chances.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

@AnotherDawg Benching acuna would be dumb he is our best player. This is just a thing his team mates need to take care of, and Freddie has already addressed it.

And idk about pulling Fried being modern. We see teams in the playoffs use super receivers multiple innings a lot these days. I’m forgetting the guys name on Boston last year, but he helped a ton. Harder, Andrew Miller back in the day, etc. I was hoping we would try to turn Fried loose, but think they took him out because he is the game 4 starter.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair enough. Disagree on both points but understand where you're coming from.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Yeah that’s fair, I see what you mean too. They wanted the platoon splits and I get that. And we forget they had Martin lined up, but then he hurt himself.

Benching acuna is a regular season move. I’m as frustrated as anyone at him showboating because that’s also a regular season move. It’s the f’ing playoffs and we haven’t won a series since 2001, how do you not hustle.

If Acuna had Soto's maturity and approach to the job he'd be far and away the best young player in the game. After he got threw out in a very ill advised attempt to steal 2nd that cost at a minimum 1 run and maybe as many as 3 runs he sarcastically blew the guy who threw him out a kiss. He later failed to run to 1st on what should have been a double then made a baserunning error at 2nd. If he'd had his head out of his ass this would be a win and we'd be in control of the series.

I just watched and heard Acuna's response when questioned about his lack oflazy hustle, this could be a real problem. He just brushed it off. The kid needs to grow up quick or I can see his attitude getting really bad.

This game and maybe this series was lost and it this series might end up being lost because of his attitude. Nobody is worth having around if he's not a team player.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I realize I’m stating the obvious, but we really needed to win this game. Folty pitching for our lives in game 2 is not a scenario I like. It’s going to be mid 90’s outside, probably over a 100 on the field, and he doesn’t pitch all that well when he’s sweating his a$$ off.

Acuna needs to grow the hell up. He’s an exceptional talent, but he can’t pull this crap in the playoffs. I’m starting to wonder if we signed him long term a little too early. Maybe that $100 million is going to his head. I wish he had Ozzie’s attitude.

Bottom line is game 2 is a must win. Go Braves.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been paying attention to RAJ's garbage all year, buddies are like....but he's so good! I DON'T CARE, I HATE his attitude! That joker cost us at least 1 run, definitely momentum shift. Selfish, selfish selfish!

Who does that in the PLAYOFFS??!

And could someone please give me one good reason to pull Mac?? Again, that's pretty much the only reason you sign him...the PLAYOFFS!

Ugh!

• SupaMan_StupSupaMan_Stup Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly the bullpen giving up 6 runs in two innings has nothing to do with Acuna running out that ball. But go off and keep complaining about him if it makes you feel better, I guess someone needs to be the scapegoat. But to me that game falls on the bullpen like most of the season has. If you can't secure a 3-1 game heading into the top of 8th you aren't going to survive in the postseason.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Going to have to beat Flaherty once, maybe twice. He's been the best pitcher in baseball since the break. Tall order there.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I looked this up the other day. It turns out that in Spanish, Luke Jackson means 2-run HR. True story.

• SupaMan_StupSupaMan_Stup Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior

Actually a couple more things for the people calling out Acuna. Where's that energy for Kuechel "forgetting" to check Bader at 2nd which allowed him steal 3rd for free and then the batter hits a ground ball to Ozzie for a run. Markakis lolly-gagging to the ball in right field which allowed Fowler to go from 1st to 3rd instead of getting the ball in and keeping him at 2nd. We were also what 1-11 with RISP and left 8 runners on base. There are plenty of other things we need to be concentrating on...

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think people are unhappy with Acuña because of the way he did it earlier in the season and it appears he didn’t learn, which is disheartening. But in regards to all of your other points, you are spot on. This is a team game and it seemed like the team in general had a brain fart. Maybe it was from guys getting rest or maybe they just felt like they should win it regardless of effort, either way it’s time to start doing things the right way or they’ll be golfing in a week.

This discussion has been closed.