This is what I'm hearing....Claxton is saying he hasn't made a decision yet, but all arrows are pointing to staying in the draft and Howard is waiting on Claxton's decision to decide if the depth chart looks enticing at UGA...
He may be at the end of the bench, and, if so, I think it might have been better served if he’d stayed another year and been drafted higher/more $$$ ?
Hes probably going top 20 and wind up on a team where he can play. I don't know if he could've gone any higher with another year
Wouldn’t mind seeing the Hawks take Claxton with the 17th pick, might not get much out of him next year but he could be a useful addition eventually with his size and versatility.
it's not...he will be in the green room tomorrow. if he was going to slip out of the first round he wouldn't be there
I looked today too and couldn’t find Nic in the first round. Let’s hope the prognosticators are wrong!
I dont, but I sure would have liked to have him one more year. But that is just me being selfish.
Guess I was thinking he'd improved so much under Crean in this past year that another year of that kind of tutoring would help him develop a game that would be more suitable for the NBA. I could, of course, be totally wrong on it.
If he goes first round he'll make some serious cash this year and one year ahead from the next contract. It would be very difficult for him to make that money up by going higher in the draft the following year. Based on his invite, it looks like he will go in the first.
Agreed, not to mention he's cashing in on guaranteed money right now... He may move up if he stayed one more year, but the opposite is also true as he could also move down (or even worse have a catastrophic injury).