Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Excluding natural disasters (tornados, hurricanes, etc) what is the worst weather you have ever witn

124»

Comments

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As an avid bay fisherman, fishing the Laguna Madre 3-4 times a year, I understand the dangers and have been caught off guard at least twice.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had a job opportunity out there once. Wildfires are one of the biggest reasons I didn't take it.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 18,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My best friend lived about 5 miles from me in Ranch Bernardo. He woke up in the middle of the night and everything around him was on fire. He missed the evacuation call. He got in his car and said trees and houses on both sides of the road were engulfed in flames. His was the only house on his cul-de-sac that survived. Every other house literally burned to the ground. His neighbor was a former Redskins player with Super Bowl rings and everything. His house is gone.

Every year there are wildfires. Crazy.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was driving my semi thru Nebraska 5-6 yrs ago and got caught in 100 mph winds, below 0 temps, and heavy snow. Ended up in the emergency lane a few times due to the wind blowing me into the lane. Also ripped off the side ferrings covering the fuel tanks on both sides so I had to rig them up in the cold to keep them from flying off.

The other bad one was a year later. Started out in Minneapolis at 42 degrees and in about 200 miles was in a whiteout with extremely high winds at -15. Ended up stopping in Fargo due to the roads being closed for 16 hrs. Ended up driving over nothing but ice all the way to Regina SK(515 miles) when they opened the roads. Should have been about 9 hrs driving but took 16. Thank god for paper logs back then.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it is during those times you ask yourself, “What was I thinking when I bought this flats boat?” When the waves come over the bow and submerge my ankles I always think, “if my wife were here she wouldn’t ask why I need $200 fishing reels.”

I had a similar experience out of Tybee Island one time, but at least we were in a 22ft bay boat. The hum of the rails from the electrical charge is hair raising, to say the least. You just can’t help but think, “Death in 3, 2, 1...” Anytime I’ve told the story to someone I always wonder if they think I’m exaggerating. It makes me nervous just remembering it.