Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

TV EXPERT OUT THERE?

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pay Charter/Spectrum about $165 per month for tv, internet and phone, with tv being the biggest cost. Anyone have a better solution for tv? I want to receive the major networks, the oldies local stations, the ESPN’s, Fox Sports, Golf Channel at a minimum.

I would probably stay with Charter/Spectrum for internet and phone unless there is a better alternative.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TV with a tuner or an HD antenna will cover a lot of your needs. Then Hulu at $45/month covers everything else. Only pay months you want. I get in the fall for football and basic outside of that.

Phone? Why do you even need a landline/voip? cell phone doesn't cover what you need?

then just use them for internet. probably $65-70/month for 100mbps or better?

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Do you actually need thebhouse phone this dayband age with cell phones? (Something my younger coworkers enlightened me on)

As for TV. Youtube TV is $40 a month and covers the basics you want. If yiu have a Playstation then Playstation Vue is a great deal. Both have live stream and DVR.
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have xfinity comcast

100 mbps internet, modem rental, two TV boxes, 150+ channels and its $115 per month including taxes and fees

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Got rid of Comcast last year.  Went with AT&T fiber internet, Hulu Live, and Netflix.  Never looked back.  If you have Amazon Prime, you get all their programming by default as well.
  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cut the cord a year ago. My setup begins with a Roku streaming stick--$50 at Sam's Club. Roku has a lot of free TV content. No football though. YouTube TV for $40/mo has SEC Network, and all the sports channels I need to see every Georgia game. Major broadcast networks and my local channels included. For me, that's all I need.

My wife, however, watches other stuff. So we added Netflix streaming service for approx $20/mo. I have a membership with Amazon Prime because I shop there so much. AmazonPrime offers a video and music service as well, with a large amount of free content and stuff you can rent.

The beauty is I can pick and choose for my needs. There are other TV streaming services like Sling, DirectTV, and Hulu. I've found YouTube TV to be perfect. I can even set it to DVR our games and that is free too. It is not offered in every market, however.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you all. Now I have some choices to make.

Thanks again! Y’all are the best!

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sweet room! I also think beanbag chairs should make a come back.

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I have sling and have the blue account when football isn’t on. Get food network hgtv bunch of movie channels local news and shows on bravo and E for the wife and that’s 30 a month. I upgrade the account once football starts and it’s just a extra 25 for a few months. I keep the cbs app on apple and that’s 6 dollars a month. 

Great thing about cutting the cord is no contract pay for what you want when you want.