Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Georgia lands its next kicker in Texan Jared Zirkel

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: Georgia lands its next kicker in Texan Jared Zirkel

Rodrigo Blankenship moves on to the NFL after his senior season in Athens this fall. The Bulldogs have now found his replacement in strong-legged Texan Jared Zirkel. He is known for his booming kickoffs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome! Sounds like a great kid. This class just keeps getting better...

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Welcome to the Dawg family, JZ!

And thank God for the new comment section! I don't do Facebook, so this is a welcomed change for me! Now if we can just keep the Spam out of here.

GO DAWGS!

• GramsterGramster Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey...I make 2000 million dollars an hour making sure Rick Gillmore doesn't troll us...so can you! LOL...just kidding, way to go Dawgs and welcome to Kirby's process young man!

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Big pickup. Gotta love special teams going forward. Just need to identify returners now.
  • latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great to see another good kicker signing up and no mean scholarship play by the coaching staff just welcoming him in as a future Dawg

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does this new format suppose to eliminate these money making schemes? I hope so.

Jared Zirkel is a big kid.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard! Zirk must be supper special for Kirby to offer him a precious scholly.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Welcome to the family young man. Go Dawgs!
  • MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Powerhouse football and world-class education,” Zirkel told DawgNation. “Been my dream school for a long time running.”

Bring it!!

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The new way of commenting on these articles is fantastic!

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Amazing how much power these guys can generate at their size. Looking forward to Jared matching Kevin Butler's 100,000 mile long kick against Clemson!

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Excited about this guy. I guess this also means Camarda is likely sticking to punting.
  • kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome! Welcome!