Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anatomy of a lineup: The makeup of the highly-touted 2019 Georgia Bulldogs might surprise you

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageAnatomy of a lineup: The makeup of the highly-touted 2019 Georgia Bulldogs might surprise you

SUNDAY READER ATHENS -- The general thought on the Georgia Bulldogs heading into the 2019 season is they're going to be better offensively than defensively. There's data beyond tackles and touchdowns that backs that up. The Bulldogs already have been established as a consensus Top 4 team and one of the favorites to

Read the full story here

Comments

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

'a low of 1,051 for left guard Solomon Kindley'. Great work Chip. I will remember and enjoy your Kindley comment as I watch him move opponents D and open holes for RBU. Good also to read of other former 3 *s doing great things for the G.

• MitchCumsteinMitchCumstein Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

One can never truly ascertain the potential of an athlete. Remember Tim Jennings? He was a 2-star if I'm not mistaken. Turned out to be all-SEC

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great analysis. Either you took a lot of time developing a very sophisticated algorithm and found some deep databases or you took a HUGE amount of time and got sore eyes from doing research. Great job!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    At my ripe old age, I suppose my reading comprehension skills are failing me. I read the caption under the group pictures as if Kendall Milton had committed. I really hope we can sign that young man. Go Dawgs!
  • JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of deep analysis and useful information. Thanks for a good offseason article.

Go, Dawgs!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Considering where many of these players were ranked coming out of high school--can anyone doubt Kirby and staff's ability to coach 'em up?

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this an age thing? I was going to ask something similar. Was Chip accidentally telling us Milton committed? I reckon we read things the way we want them to read.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Well, that makes me feel better! Lol
  • ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great piece of investigative writing Chip ! Hopefully it will help some of our fans understand where Our Dawgs are at the present ! It's not that easy to straight from high school & step in and play ! It also shows how well our coaches are developing the players we already have. By breaking down the roster you can see the depth within the team is getting to where it needs to be to become consistently successful !!! Go Dawgs

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

It will take more than talent to get this team over the hump. Bama beat uga because they had the will to overcome adversity (at least against uga). After half time Bama came out like a violent storm and you can see the momentum starting to shift. Had uga struck back blow for blow, they could have beaten them both times. Lets hope James Coley and Dan Lanning have the magic pill to inject fire into these kids.. It's the FIRE that fuels determination, perseverance and the desire to be champions.

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
    What’s exciting about this team is the many talented players who didn’t make this list. One of the big differences with Bama has been their depth. They didn’t have drop offs in the 4th quarter like we did due to fatigue and injuries. When we lost Walker, there wasn’t an equal player to plug in. Georgia’s depth is definitely improving.
  • David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chip, are you going to write anything else for DawgNation? Hope everything is well with you.

• FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hi DawgNation. Is Chip coming back and/or okay. We miss his insight and look forward to having him back... Thanks