Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 4-star OL Akinola Ogunbiyi flips his UGA commitment

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: 4-star OL Akinola Ogunbiyi flips his UGA commitment

Akinola Ogunbiyi surprised many on Sunday when he de-committed from Georgia and flipped his verbal pledge to UGA back to Texas A&M. That decision from the nation's No. 11 offensive guard prospect for 2020 now drops the Bulldogs down to 14 commits in their 2020 class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish this young man well, and am sorry about his decision, but also understand two things. Some things best for us are not best for every recruit and you aren't going to win them all when playing the game of recruiting high school players.

In any case, we're good.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    SpeedratSpeedrat Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Good luck and good health to your Mom!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    DawgOn, those 3 words speak volumes.. Mom will always be there for you, and love you. I can understand him wanting to be a lot closer to her, especially when her health is not improving at the moment. Hopefully, she makes a complete recovery from this.
  • Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Given the circumstances I would have made the same decision. I certainly understand and respect the reason for his decision. Good luck in your college career young man.
  • Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best wishes to Aki and his family.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Thank you for considering the G but mom needs you Aki. Right decision. Best wishes to this fine young man’s mother. DawgNation prayers for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers up for his mom and him. Best wishes for both of them.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

It happens....Just reading between the lines here...I might speculate that this kid may be a little afraid of the competition

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to the young man. You got to follow your heart.

He likely felt he would see the field sooner at A&M and it's likely he will.

Sam Pittman will just dial up another recruit. Nobody develops talent better than Pittman.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't really read the article before my post. Prayers for Ogunbiyi's Mom. You got to take care of Mom...

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Young man you got to do what you got to do. It's your decision and your life best of luck to you.. Will be praying for Mom
  • Options
    Basonj92Basonj92 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Best wishes to you and your mom, I can't fault a young man for a decision like that.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pray for a good outcome for your mother. Good luck at A&M.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Joining other Dawg fans here in wishing your mom a full recovery. Best of luck in Aggie Land. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

He did the right thing for all the right reasons. Prayers!

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2019

I did read the article and I stand by it

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

'Nuff said. There'd be nothing worse than being many hours away while your Mom is in bad/critical shape. Good luck to you and her!