Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jake Fromm compared to Andrew Luck by NFL scouting director

SystemSystem Posts: 11,058 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm compared to Andrew Luck by NFL scouting director

Jake Fromm has been a popular topic for NFL Draft experts this summer, and he has gotten a lot of mixed reviews. But one person who is clearly on the bandwagon of the UGA junior quarterback is Matt Miller, the lead NFL Draft writer for Bleacher Report. This weekend, Miller profiled the Bulldogs standout in an article

Read the full story here

Comments

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can he please win a big game at UGA before touting him as next NFL great? Right now, he is Aaron Murray 2.0 to in my humble opinion.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Hevwon the SEC title and a playoff game. I'd say those were big games
  • RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Aaron Murray won the SEC and likely would have won a playoff, had there been one. For some reason, I don't think we think of him as a "big game winner". Auburn and OU are decent, but my definition of big games is Bama and Clemson.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,250 mod
    @RealityBasedDawgFan Aaron Murray never won the SEC. Aaron Murray never won anything close to what Jake has won so far. But thanks for playing
  • bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aaron Murray downfall was he had CMR. If Murray had been coached by CKS with the level of recruiting and talent on campus now... He would’ve won a few big games too. Fromm is the better of the two. Still dont think he’s leaving early for the draft no matter how’s much the media and scouts push for it.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly I don't give a rats azz what the NFL thinks of him

The NFL never liked Tebow who might be the best college Football QB of all time (hard to say when you hate the gators ) But he just led them to win after win and sometimes with a less talented team

Fromm needs to win a championship . He is surrounded by talent and has been since he arrived. They tried to make this a passing team last year with the games on Fromms back till the LSU game, The offense never looked in sync with that style of play. My guess is we will go back to that offense to start this season and I hope Fromm is able to take the reins and run with it.

The Def is solid and Special teams are better than most. If Fromm and this offense can mature together where they put up 28-35 points no matter who they play then this year can and will be special …..If the offense falls down against good teams and never looks smooth against other lesser teams even though the stats might look good just ready yourself for another 2 loss season with people saying what if this and that

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

latemodelray Tebow was a great QB and I agree with your gator comment. However, much as I despise the man and dislike his team, Cam Newton was better than Tebow. In my opinion, he was surrounded by less talent than was Tim at florida. Tebow, love the man, hate the team, Newton, loathe the man, dislike the team; both were great college qbs in terms of sheer ability.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People can talk about Fromm's lack of a big arm, and not running a 4.5 forty all they want. That didn't undue Fromm when it came to winning the starting job against Eason or Fields. Neither were nearly as good as true freshman. Eason wasn't even as good as a sophomore.

People need to keep in mind when Fromm and Georgia lost that NCG against Alabama, Ga didn't have near the depth and overall talent that Alabama did. They were just starting to close the talent gap last year.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The NFL didn’t like Tebow because his mechanics were awful in how he released the ball. He could and did get away with it in college but would not have in the pros. Go Dawgs!
  • JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am very happy to have Jake under center wearing a Georgia helmet for a couple more years. He may be the best Georgia QB in history, but only time will tell whether that is to be.

I've been impressed with him since before he had to take over for the injured Eason. He came in looking like an ole pro, took command, and has had very few mishaps since then. What's not to like about his college game or his pro prospects?

Go, Dawgs!