Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Sugar Cookie Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NATIONAL SUGAR COOKIE DAY

And I quote:

"Observed each year on July 9, National Sugar Cookie Day honors the ever popular and delicious sugar cookie.

A holiday favorite and very easy to make, sugar cookies are sure to disappear quickly once they come out of the oven. Most sugar cookies include sugar, flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, and either baking powder or baking soda. While most people have the ingredients on hand at all times, some of the ingredients should be fresh for the best outcome. Children enjoy baking and decorating anytime someone makes a batch of sugar cookies.

The sugar cookie is believed to have originated in the mid-1700s in Nazareth Pennsylvania. German Protestant settlers created a round, crumbly and buttery cookie that came to be known as the Nazareth Cookie.

Today, sugar cookie making and decorating has become an art form for kids and adults alike. Starting with the shape of the cookie, the dough is formed with either a cookie cutter or other methods of cutting and shaping the dough. Once the cookie is baked, the cookie artist adds colored frosting or icing. Sprinkles, edible glitter, colored sugars, and additional details may be added. Some cookies receive so much detail, it’s almost a shame to eat them. 

Practice making some delicious and beautiful sugar cookies. Marvel at the skill of bakers who have mastered the skill."

If you get the urge to bake, you can go to: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/sugar-cookies/

For all you guitar players out there, I believe Nazareth is where Martin guitars are made. Fine instruments.

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The most fun I had when my boys were little was when we were baking and decorating sugar cookies. Too bad they have to grow up and mama becomes an embarrassment to mankind.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I was that way as a kid. Once I got out of school and into the military, she became a dream mom. I was a dumba$$ as a kid, for sure.I don't think that phase lasts too long.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@DvilleDawg I have to agree with donm here. Just a phase and before too long, you're the best Mom in the world. Go ahead a bake YOUR self a batch a sugar cookies. Sit down at the table with a glass of milk and enjoy. Who knows, you might have one of those "embarrassed" boys sit down with you....