Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Podcast Pandemonium

2»

Comments

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg I'm a Verbaler. Went to the live show in Atlanta a couple of years back as well.

I also listen to Cover 2 by the guys at Athlon sports.

I haven't seen Chapel Bell Curve mentioned. I stopped listening to them, but it's Georgia focused and covers some advanced stats.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice. I actually have found myself getting back into Solid Verbal this year: I almost tweeted at them when the announcers first said that SB had “a little bit of Baker Mayfield in him” lol.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg

I've had a love/hate relationship with them. I mostly listen to them for light-hearted national coverage that doesn't take itself too seriously.

However, Dan has a recurring preseason obsession with Tennessee, and they inexplicably skip Georgia sometimes when it's on topic.

For example, they'll sometimes do a recruiting class show after NSD. They've covered the top 5 and skipped UGA. This kind of thing has happened more than once too.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Yea they used to annoy me back when they were briefly on the grantland network. Made me stop listening

• Options

So not to further shill for the Athletic, but they have a Dawg podcast with Seth Emerson and either Jeff Schultz formerly of the AJC or Rennie Curran now. It’s a twice weekly thing: first one is free and on Apple and other podcast apps. Second one is on their paid app which annoys me and isn’t a huge loss IMO.

Anyway, there’s a free episode with Schultz out today where they spitball on the offense and Coley etc.

In other Dawg related podcast news, I’ve pretty much stopped listening to the 247 one because I’ve really realized as the season goes on that those guys, particularly Jake Rowe, know a lot more about high school players and recruiting than they do college or Georgia football. Not to mention the dad humor makes me feel old and they’re not THAT much older than me!

Freaking Radi Nabulsi has apparently been in a Twitter war defending Kirby and Coley and the 247 guys think Georgia needs to get back to being physical and running the ball to beat Florida....🤷‍♂️

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to confess I've never listened to a podcast of any kind. Not even sure I have a podcast app unless it was pre-installed on my iPhone. I guess I should remedy that- maybe look into the Athletic as a starting point.

Thanks @scooterdawg.

• Options
    edited October 2019

You definitely should if you listen to stuff other than music while driving. Skippable commercials and you can find ones about pretty much anything on earth lol.

Is the icon for the Apple podcast app.

• Options
    jjdawgjjdawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Foot and Mouth - with Kevin Butler and Jeff Dantzler

Punt and Pass - with Drew Butler and Aaron Murray

Paul Finebaum - is you can stomach it, all his shows come in podcast form with each episode being one hour at a time.

Saturdays Down South Podcast - this one is really goofy and they have a lot of inside jokes but there is some quality analysis too

• Options
    Stef_Lew_478Stef_Lew_478 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aaron Murray and Drew Butler have the Punt and Pass podcast. Airs Monday and Thursday during the season

• Options

Well, with 2 recs in a day I'm about to give Punt and Pass a shot. Thanks!

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure what you call it but Radi Nabulsi, a recruiting guy, and Coach Donnan watch the games and comment.

• Options
    GreenvilleDawgGreenvilleDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

For UGA football, I really enjoy the Waitin’ Since Last Saturday podcast. They are different, and I like that. I enjoy listening to people who have another perspective on some things than me.

That doesn’t mean I will listen to a Florida podcast. I don’t need that different of a perspective.

• Options
    daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like the Cover 3 podcast. I know some UGA fans don't like Barton Simmons, but I like him. I like the prospective he brings to the podcast being a former college player. Don't really care for his co-host Chip Patterson though.

The College Football Bros podcast is good. It's 3 brothers that talk ball but don't get into some of the silliness some podcast do. I wish they would do 2 per week during the season though.

I like The Audible with Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel also.

I've about quit listening to the UGA sports podcast. Radi gets on my nerves. He tries so hard to be the "expert", but he's just a blowhard.

Glory UGA is good. It's good football talk w/o too much UGA bias, at least from Curtis.

• Options

Was listening to the Punt and Pass from today and hadn't read the description. It was Drew and a cohost who was super down on the Dawgs' chance this weekend. I was like ****, if Aaron Murray feels this pessimistic...

Finally looked at the description and saw it was some blogger or twitter guy lol. 🤷

• Options

You talking about the game play by play kinda thing on Youtube? I had heard them mention it. I like coach but Radi can annoy the eff outta me. How is it?

• Options

Yes, they are watching and commenting. Lots of insight from Coach Donnan.

• Options

from Youtube put in something like

watch along donnan georgia

• Options
    Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a podcast but I recommend Late Kick Live with Josh Pate. Posts on YouTube Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is usually SEC-focused and the analysis is pretty good. The show airs from Columbus, GA and you can tell Pate leans Auburn but he's typically balanced in his critiques of all the teams. His biggest dig against UGA is that the game day coaching leaves something to be desired and that those thoughts are shared by several SEC coaches. That will be Kirby and Coley's albatross until they prove otherwise. We'll see.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Andy Staples’ Monday episode (12/16) is an interview with Jeff Scott (new USF head coach, formerly Co-OC at Clemson). They spend a lot of time discussing Clemson’s recruiting philosophy.

Interesting discussion. Given they compete with us for a lot of guys, getting some insight on their approach from one of their key guys made for a good listen.

Actually, I find Andy’s show is becoming one of my favorites.