Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 things on Georgia's star-studded running back stable entering fall camp

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

image4 things on Georgia's star-studded running back stable entering fall camp

Georgia football has a deep and talented backfield, filled with versatile players capable of playing many roles, from running to receiving to special teams

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully we can throw more to keep opposing defenses from stacking the box

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great article, Mike. One of my lingering concerns is this - did the stunting and slanting tactics of LSU and Texas provide a blueprint for opponents defensive line play in 2019 and, if so, will we be able to counter that more effectively than we did last year?

• Options
    airconditioned_gypsyairconditioned_gypsy Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Maybe not this year, but don't sleep on McIntosh he's a beast.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Herrien sees any more touches than he has in the past (outside mop up duty) Then that will mean UGA is in big trouble

The Kid plays hard just don't have the talent level

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

latemodelray I tend to disagree that we are in trouble if Herrien is getting carries. he may not have 5star rating and taken longer to develop but he is VERY consistent. I liken him to Elijah Holyfield but a slot down the depth chart and not quite as gifted physically. I think a back like him is critical for an early game like Vandi or Notre Dame. He won’t fumble and can get 3-5 yards a tote. Don’t you think a back like this is crucial while white gets healthy, Cooke gets acclimated to new roles and we see what McIntosh is made of??? Go dawgs!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Brian Herrien is so underrated

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really like our backfield. Swift is the current star, Herrien is an underrated slugger, Cook is versatile, McIntosh is a talented, hungry freshman, and everyone is dying to see Zeus take the field in late August vs SEC Foe Vandy.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope it works out for James Coley, I really do but his offense has struggled at times when he was at fsu and miami. However, the talent at uga is like night and day compared to the talent that he had at those acc schools. If Kirby allows him to run the offense the way he wants to, I like our chances with him. I say this because Kirby wants to run the football and he expects his players to impose their will on their opponents but what if they can't? Will he allow Coley to run a up-tempo finesse offense? We will see. 

Kirby - “I know you can say that’s coach speak. But if you cannot run the ball in critical situations in the game, you’re usually not going to win the game,” Smart said. “Does that mean you need to lead the SEC in rushing to win? No, not necessarily. But that means you have to be able to run it when you have to.”

Kirby - “Thirty-three percent of SEC games, we’re going to have to be able to run the ball,” Smart said. “So that toughness and that mentality has to be there.”

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

use cook as a weapon, out of the back field, pass it to him, let him return punts and kickoffs.