Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Adopted a dog

2»

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

This will also be a great lesson for your daughter in both taking responsibility and doing something good and worthwhile. The return she'll get on her investment will tie it all together.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great hear ....

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No child should ever grow up without a dog.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dixie looks like a sweetheart. Good job Dad. .

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If your like me then yes she is yours. They all become mine as soon as i bring em home. I literally had to stop doing rescues because I never wanted to rehome after rehabilitation.

• sugarfallssummoresugarfallssummore Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where did you adopt the dog that came with that many ticks all over it?? Poor girl. Thanks for showing her the love. Ivehad my original dog for 5 years and he’s saint. Love of my life. He made me look like a dog whisperer. TURN THE PAGE. Just adopted a dog in January and I can not explain the nightmare it has been. He’s super loving but I think the frustration of training and thousands of dollars spent at the vet for various things we never anticipated on (severe kennel cough + surgery for gastrointestinal obstruction), he’s just become a nuasance. Leash aggression, people aggression, just a madman this guy is. I’m at my wits end. That’s why I’m writing to a bunch of strangers.... ugh. Good luck. Welcome to dawgnation Dixie

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kinda scary, past few times I've checked out this post I notice a Chewy ad at the top of the page. Probably just me as it's time to reorder another bag of food and they somehow always know.

I agree the intuitive software keeps getting more and more sophisticated and it is a bit scary if you're a private person. I don't get the whole mind set of telling millions of strangers personal details of your life to gain a following on social media, let alone having a thousand little brother companies creepy crawling into your virtual personal space.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry... I meant great to hear (that they had rescued a dog). I was posting in a hurry and didnt pay attention to it.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is scary WC - my wife and I were in the car one day and through a normal conversation we mentioned needing dog food and later on talking about replacing my son's Tevas that he lost at a camping trip.

Within the hour my wife had an advertisement for dog food and where to find Tevas in the Dallas area. It's creepy and she says it's happened numerous times.

I'm not on social media - other than Dawgnation - so it has never happened to me.

I know I suffer from old school syndrome but I have to question if social media is really worth it.

edited August 2019

Smart phones are tied into the data gathering system, no doubt phones are mined and analyzed for marketing.

I question the cost of social media more and more, El Paso experienced the darkest side of unfettered social media over the weekend.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's just a strange strange world we live in today. But I guess if it helps my Target and Home Depot shares do well - why should I care.

See the edited version of my last post. I used data on my phone for a few months and stopped several years ago. It wasn't because of the more serious reasons though. I just don't want to get attached to a media device that is with me 24/7. I have little doubt we'll have a mental illness defined from phone addiction soon.