Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Board lingo: Read This

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2019 in General

Seeing as how both Brandon and Jeff advertise the board a good bit we’re probably going to keep having new people. Rather than scare them off or have threads cluttered up I thought it might be good to have a thread of general forum lingo, memes, shorthand etc.

TOS=TheOtherSite=247

Feel free to add or ask if you want to know something. Go Dawgs!!

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TBH I’d be happy with a sticky TOS=247 titled thread lol

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Mark Richt has lost control of..." = jokingly referring to CMR losing control of basically anything.

Example: Mark Richt has lost control of board lingo, resulting in this wonderful thread by my man @scooterdawg

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speculation : checking arrest records before anything else.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully some quality posters will come online or return in the near future. TOS falsely implies that there are only two boards of value. From a traffic standpoint, this board is no better than third behind Rivals and 247.. From an recruiting and locker room information standpoint, I’m not sure it even ranks third. Likely not. Certainly not with So_Fl no longer posting. From a “knowlegeable about the game of football” standpoint, there are only a small percentage of folks who can break down the game. Can you imagine if Tex, WC, and TLJ were to leave? Now that GeorgiaGirl is seldom seen, there isn’t even one female poster who can talk sports.

What would be nice is some sort of code to let the new folks know “this topic has been discussed a ton already.” Such as the new thread at the top pointing out the open dates our opponents have the week prior. The closer the season gets, the more old stuff will get rehashed. That seemed to be Teddy’s soapbox before his coronation. Maybe he can find his old self.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What’s wrong with UGA recruiting.... most likely refers to just landing a great recruit and bringing up past threads

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Someone might want to inform the new folks how this ^^ came to be a thing. I would do it, but once again, you caught me doing my nails - manly nails.

Do not want to speculate. (Edit) "Speculation" is a fairly recent thing that derives from someone (I think this is factual) actually asked about checking an arrest blotter for a nothing incident involving a UGA player. This followed the several arrests and law issues in early 2019. It has been enhanced lately due to some that are very quick to put a negative spin on anything UGA. Should be in the form of "I do not want to speculate".

Adds:

"/s" means the comment is meant as sarcasm. Note that some here - me - do not signal their sarcasm routinely. Keep up and most sarcasm won't be a surprise.

Keep up. Fewer detours if one keeps up with the convo. But not much in the way of burns for those that don't.

Internet/social media terminology. There is an expectation that one is familiar with the common expressions and abbreviations. If not, Google is your friend. I have used it often. Urban dictionary is a good source too, if you want to go direct.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the SoFL update...BPA?

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also Ringo updates daily and Black jerseys need to be brought up atleast once a week.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I believe the CMR Has Lost Control references started on the old DawgPost forum many years ago. If I remember correctly it was about the time Grantham was giving up 30+ points per game while CMR calmly watched the ship sinking.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off topic? A friend wants to know what is the purpose of the f (facebook link) on the comment box. I would say, but still doing those nails - manly nails.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What profound advice. I guess you missed the part where I actually did skip the thread.

Again with the 3 button polo jokes. Im guessing 90% of polo shirts in existence have 3 buttons. You obviously bought your sarcasm meter out of China and lack the “whatever” to decipher dry wit on your own. Shouldn’t require a very high IQ to understand. Im even wearing one with 3 buttons right now.

As for guesstimating web traffic - no such statement was made. Did you skip your cup of coffee this morning? Reading and comprehension not your forte?

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker you guesstimated on the web traffic and then claimed you didn’t. Are you lying to yourself, or are you confused?