Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2019 Gameday Recipes

2»

Comments

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2

These are always had at our house.

We take cream cheese and in shredded cheddar cheese, my wife will sometimes sprinkle a lil cayenne then ,pipe in the pepper half then ,top with beef smoked sausage then wrap in bacon! 2-2 1/2 hrs at 250 .

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

mmmmmmmm. Beef smoked sausage.

I'll have to try adding that next time.

• Options

Another quick tailgate offering (thanks @BiggerBadDawg for bringing this up)

Grilled Smoked Sausage

This is so easy it's not really even a recipe.

Just grill some smoked sausage - my favorite brand is Georgia Boy. Then cut into 1-2 inch sections and serve with mustard for dipping.

• Options

Sorry for hijacking my own thread, but every gameday I serve 20-30 tailgaters at my house. Most of what I've posted so far are easy - relatively few ingredients, can feed a crowd, and have been staples of my game days. I'm always looking for new ideas to keep it fresh.

Any other ideas - things you love to see when you're at a tailgate?

• Options
    JwhitefarmsJwhitefarms Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cut boneless chicken breast into strips and soak in honey teriyaki sauce for a day. Coat with Panko Japanese bread crumbs, wrap in bacon, and grill. Thank me later

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Man you guys are great and this is a great thread!! I'm hungry......😆

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure if you’ve ever done these but they are always a hit at our game day parties . Lollipop Chicken, it’s time consuming bc you have to “French” the legs but man you talk about good! I use the Myron Mixon Cupcake chicken glaze recipe for the candied look.

not my pic , just for reference

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My favorite game day recipe:

Grab a glass, add 2-3 ice cubes, pour in 4 oz. of Blanton's bourbon! 😎

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My second favorite game day recipe. I am a fajita snob; have never liked any that weren't made on the grill. That said, these are really good, and don't require any grill-tending while you're watching the game!

Ingredients

• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
    • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
    • 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
    • 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
    • 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
    • 2 tablespoons canola oil
    • 2 teaspoons chili powder
    • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    • Optional toppings: sliced avocado, tomato wedges and lime wedges

Directions

• 1. In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
    • 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold or roll tortillas to serve. If desired, serve with optional toppings.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loving this thread

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Yeah, if there's ever a Dawgnation NCG watch party @mattmd2 and @PharmDawg2054 are doing the catering. And we have plenty to do grilling/smoking as well.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Myron is a family friend, his chicken is out of this world. You never knew chicken could taste as good as his

strongly recommend the above recipe if you want to really impress someone

• Options

Anyone making anything good today?

• Options

Prepping for a big crowd tomorrow. Béchamel mac ‘n cheese is on the menu.

Well, I accidentally used powdered sugar in my roux instead of flour. Didn’t realize it till it was all said and done. Anyone ever had sweet mac n cheese? Not great.

Will start over tomorrow. Gotta go get that pork butt on the smoker.

Hope you all have better luck than me!

Go Dawgs!