Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Emerson

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why would Seth Emerson post a story on Dawgnation about UT's SEC media day and constantly reference the hail mary? Did anyone need reminding?

Comments

• HankHank Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just read it . Not sure why . Kinda odd to say the least .

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was so brutal.. thanks so much Seth... I figured the Tennessee players forgot all about it... give us a story on Scott Sinclair or the 7 on 7 w freshman.. something we wanna hear..

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BamaDawg said:
    Why would Seth Emerson post a story on Dawgnation about UT's SEC media day and constantly reference the hail mary? Did anyone need reminding?

Thinking the same thing when I saw the title. Talk about opening a old wound. Did not read that one.

• andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

Eh, it is news since Tennessee was asked about it today at their media day session. I skimmed it and nope'd out when I got to certain paragraphs.

• sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ladawg said:
    That was so brutal.. thanks so much Seth... I figured the Tennessee players forgot all about it... give us a story on Scott Sinclair or the 7 on 7 w freshman.. something we wanna hear..

I'm here at SEC media days, and it was Tennessee's day, and they were asked about it, so I wrote about it - along with the warnings to fans they wouldn't want to read certain parts. Sorry, but can't ignore the elephant in the room.

Don't worry, today is Georgia's day, there will be plenty of coverage related to that.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure they were asked about other things as well, right? You still chose to "turn the knife". Man I hate recalling that last play.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope that the players learn't a lesson. It wasn't that play that lost the game, it was the 20 yards of penalties after Eason to Ridley that cost us.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson said:

@ladawg said:

I'm here at SEC media days, and it was Tennessee's day, and they were asked about it, so I wrote about it - along with the warnings to fans they wouldn't want to read certain parts. Sorry, but can't ignore the elephant in the room.

Don't worry, today is Georgia's day, there will be plenty of coverage related to that.

Them being asked about it doesn't make it news worthy on a UGA website.

• andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

@sethemerson said:

@ladawg said:

It involves UGA so as much as we may not want to read it, it is news. Beat writers aren't here to make us feel better. They're supposed to report the news.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I started reading this thread thinking it was a joke complaint thread. Then I got halfway though it and realized at least a couple of guys weren't joking. They really want their news entirely filtered to be warm and fuzzy.

I'd rather know what's going on rather than to have the DawgNation guys coddle us. Thanks Seth, as usual.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

I'd rather know what's going on rather than to have the DawgNation guys coddle us. Thanks Seth, as usual.

There's the rub...what's going on. From all that is going on the writer has to choose what to focus on. So the writer, in a way, determines what the "news" is. To say "they were asked about it, so I wrote about it" is a weak explanation. The writer chose to focus (n part) on this portion of the whole interview, as opposed to any other part of the interview that was available to him. HE thought it was interesting or newsworthy, not the people who were answering the questions. That is, of course, his job and he did it. He does it well and has done so for a long time.

@levander said:
    I started reading this thread thinking it was a joke complaint thread. Then I got halfway though it and realized at least a couple of guys weren't joking. They really want their news entirely filtered to be warm and fuzzy.

You obviously misinterpreted my OP. I don't want to coddle, or to have my news filtered. You stated that you would "rather know what's going on" than be coddle. I agree, but will add that I could give a rat's ### less about the UT guys being asked about the highlights of their 2016 season. If they where being asked relevant questions about the upcoming season, that would be news worthy (maybe even on the dawgnation site). I'm sure that they where asked questions about the loss of experience on both sides of the ball and how they thought it might impact thier chances in the SEC East, that's news worthy. Again, I want to hear everything that could possibly impact the DAWGS upcoming season. Unfiltered, and uncoddled.

@andycapps said:

@BamaDawg said:

@sethemerson said:

@ladawg said:

It involves UGA so as much as we may not want to read it, it is news. Beat writers aren't here to make us feel better. They're supposed to report the news.

I understand where you are coming from. I just believe that they where asked other questions that would have been more relevant to the upcoming seasons. Its like reminding someone on the wedding day of their 2nd marriage about all the mistakes they made in the 1st one.

• hashmarkhashmark Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophomore

Like Arron Rogers said RELAX

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get what everyone is saying.. but this isn't news! That Tennessee players loved the Hail Mary is news? Maybe if we learned something about how the play worked, some insight is news.. some of u guys are talking about this like we want to be in a bubble.. no, write a story that actually informs us about the how's and why's of things we don't know.. or thought we knew.. that is journalism..