Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who lives in central or N Fla and gettin ready to bug out?

2»

Comments

• Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I decided to come down to Tampa because my buddy who is a graduate student at USF got tickets to South Florida vs Wisconsin game..After going to the game last night I was asking myself why did I show up for that massacre..I put myself in harms way for this crappy game...Hopefully it won’t be a parking a lot on the highway when i leave back home for Decatur,Georgia.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right now google maps shows 75 and the Turnpike completely green. I think the 11AM update will move the forecast almost comfortably away from Florida, so that may cut the evacuations considerably. Also, the local and state governments ordered mass evacuations for Irma last year and then she changed course and strength, so people are suffering from the boy who cried wolf syndrome.

• Options
    JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This monster is screwing with everybody. Slowing down flirting with cat 5. Worst case it stays just off shore and rips up 3/4 of Fla coast then slams into Ga and tears up all Ga coast to Hilton Head. People not sure if they should evac or not. Won't know till Tues or Wed what it's truly going to do. This thing is insidious.