Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Game Announcers

BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I see where CBS is sending in it’s best play by play guys to call the game. I was wondering if it might be to late of a start Gary Danielson and Brad Nessler. You know us old guys have to be in bed buy 10:00 😂!!

Comments

• DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh great. Gary Doofuson. What a treat...

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nessler and Danielson called the 1995 Virginia win over Florida State in 1995 on ESPN. I attended my first college game in 1969 and this was probably the best finish I ever witnessed in person. Our season tickets were in the 8th row on the 46 yard line and you can hear my boat horn at the end of the game I was blowing towards the field mic.

Mark Richt was the OC for Free Shoes and big mouth Danny Kannell was the FSU QB. On the last play, they took the ball out of Kannell's hands and tried to direct snap to Dunn.

It is worth fast forwarding to the end. The look on Bowden's face is priceless. Anthony Poindexter #3 was a freshman safety for UVA who I met on vacation two years ago was the Roquan Smith of Safety's until he blew he knee out his senior season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCwrGBfJek

• paulpaulpaulpaul Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brad Nessler I like Gary not so much . Brad is a Georgia fan and he wants to say GO DAWGS so bad he can't stand it.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good stuff @BobcatGrad. Richt was a great OC and that was the right call putting the ball in Warrick Dunn's hands rather than Kanell's. The play almost worked. But it was still a great win for UVA.

My son is a freshman in Charlottesville now and had a blast this past weekend witnessing another win over FSU. (Granted, the 'Noles are not what they once were, but it makes no difference to those kids.) Oh to be that age again!

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't mind Gary. Actually, I enjoyed his call of the 2017 Iron Bowl, especially when Bama had problems snapping the ball on critical 3rd/4th downs.

Gary says, "Now what was ALL THAT?!" - my brother and I were cracking up!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This team is OK for me.... My opinion they all talk too much. Need to understand that the event is the picture.... game..... NOT their constant noise and menutiae and random nonrelated stories. Shut up now and then. Just thankful no BM..... Could you imagine that this week?

• fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've always loved Gary Danielson. Great analyst to listen to as the game unfolds. Don't get why some people don't like him but whatever.

I will admit that, as he is aging, he's definitely slipping just a bit here and there but that doesn't change my opinion of him

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if he'll call out any dirty plays the Barn ?

• willpruden3willpruden3 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like Gary he says it how it is! People just don't like it when he talks bad about their team.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not that I'd rather her but Beth Mowins is a better play by play announcer.

I get so tired of the game announcers not only not talking about the game but talking over the game. What's that all about?

Go, Dawgs!

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

There's been a last minute change! Beth Mowns and Aaron Rogers brother will be calling the game. Howard Stern will be doing sideline commentary with his Fartman costume on to add to the festivities.

• DAWGS1980DAWGS1980 Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I turn the tv down and listen to Scott Howard and Eric. Best way to go!!!

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blackledge is the only guy I like listening to in all reality.