Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Kirby Smart: Georgia 'got tested' in 23-17 win over Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Kirby Smart: Georgia 'got tested' in 23-17 win over Notre Dame

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart said his Bulldogs got tested by Notre Dame in a game that came down to the wire in Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

I just wanna know when coach smart going to learn. You cant back off in the 4th with conservative play calling. It cost us against bama and liked to cost us last nite.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

I could not be more proud of my University, the fans and this football team. We saw tonight what college football should be all about. This was as good of an atmosphere as you will ever see on a college campus. It reminded me of the excitement of the old Cocktail Parties in Jacksonville. If the atmosphere was this great in every stadium across the country every week, college football would explode.

The Dawg defense was stifling and the fans truly were the 12th man Sat night. When the offense starts clicking, this team is going to be a beast. They are close. Hopefully all those big time recruits in attendance realize that Athens is the place to be on Saturdays in the fall.

GO DAWGs!!!!

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

To Kirby's credit, beating a top 10 team with new coordinators is remarkable. It's rare for any team to pull that off....not even Nick Saban! When Mark Richt replaced Brian VanGorder with Willie Martinez, the defense regressed but Kirby's defense has gotten better with Dan Lanning. Kudos to him.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

The best atmosphere, crowd, fan & STUDENT support is what Georgia has. It's also what Nick Saban dreams about and what he cries & complains about to the Bama fans who USED to be the best in college football. Let's hope this is one area where we never follow in the Tide's footsteps. It has become a major issue and embarrassment in Tuscaloosa. Saban would give up one of his rings to have a fan base like we have at Georgia!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Examples?

The field goal on 4th and 1 was the correct decision, pushing the lead to 2 touchdowns with a few minutes left. They called some run plays on the last offensive drive which didn't go far, but by then the run game had generally started clicking, so you can't really fault the decision to turn to it; the ND defense simply stepped up. Then on 3rd and 9, instead of conceding and running down the clock, they went for the conversion on a pass attempt - undeniably an aggressive call late in the game.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Keep working, was a dame good game. The whole football world watch because this was a defacto playoff game.

both teams laid it on the line, we use to find a way to lose the big games, now we can win them.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you, @Topdawg2002. We need to play AND coach like we're the #3 team in the country. And that means we're going to have to open it up. Funny, after the Vanderbilt game, Kirby said that he wanted us to stretch the field with more (and deeper) passes. Then against Murray State and Arkansas State it seems like we tried to do that, although when I think about it, maybe it was short passes that our receivers turned into long gains. But against Notre Dame, we spent the first half in a shell. And I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't go for it on 4th and 1 from the ND 26. Even if we don't make it, ND still has to drive the length of the field and get two scores. But if we make it, at the very least we shave 2 more minutes off the clock, even if we don't score. And rather than Kirby's decision being viewed as some sort of coaching genius, I think it's indicative of his continuing lack of faith in his O-Line to make a big enough push to get a yard when everyone in the stadium knows we're going to run it. And that's a problem. Or it will be! Go Dawgs!